Experimental Ver 2.0 Weapons and Up

So this idea may break the game with balance and ruining that sense of danger if weapons grow too strong but I’m going to toss it out to sink anyway.

So we all know about Tier 6 Experimental weapons that bear unique passives such as an alternative firing modes or increased velocity and armor piercing, I am unsure if all weapons have a *6 tier but my pitch is alternative upgraded versions of the original tier 6 weapons.

For example, *6 Ver 2.0 PVG 90 would maintain its current capabilities of velocity and piercing but would gain additional stat enhancement such as damage or range. The weapon could be a different color to signify its version as well, but weapons would continue to progress as Version 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 ect ect. Possibly at Version 5.0 that weapon would possess a new element along with its original starting effect and then again acquire a 3rd status at V 10.0.

Like I said in the beginning this idea would probably just break the game of danger and ruin balancing by making players over powered but better to say something than nothing right?

2 Likes

Interesting: you know it is bad for balance (which already is out the door) and yet…
Can I ask you why, please?
What possible reason would there be to implement such a feature?

Merely asking, as I fail to get this idea…

1 Like

Issue: game is out of balance in our favour.
Game + then with heavier weapons… will be just the same then, a base game???
No?

End game potential, would allow the player to continue advancing and pursuing after they’ve done everything. Would work nicely if a new game + system was implemented.

If you never voice your ideas they’ll never be heard, good or not.

1 Like

Generally a New Game + implements tougher enemies and whatever else Devs feel they could add into it.

@SirZeroFocks
Erm… why post bad ideas?
That makes as much sense as planting appletrees on the sun’s surface?

But if you make a game+, and throw in even heavier weapons, the + is completely not there anymore?
It would be just GAME with more weapons for us.
No?

Are you one so perfect as to not suggest bad ideas or make mistakes? I stand by what I said, you don’t know if you don’t voice it. whether you, Devs, or anyone else likes the idea or not this is what these forums are designed for. We are all here to provide our own ideas regardless if they are good or not, or if people simply disagree.

New game + can implement anything from heavier weapons, new items, new enemies. This game has unlimited potential and its great but anything can improve and become better.

@SirZeroFocks
May I point out, sir, that I am asking questions, I did NOT shoot down anything, fair enough?

So, stop just right there, and have a decent conversation, shall we?

How about my question getting answered, that would be a nice start right there.

Fair enough?

@Xogroroth
Clearly I am being cordial with you, and I am responding to your questions with my answers. Everyone has their opinions, agreements and disagreements. I apologize if to you it may seem I am not being decent but that is not the case.

Any other questions you have?

Game + is basically a harder game for players, to have a new hard mode, correct?

Now, the v2.0 weapons are heavier, correct?

Doesn’t that nullify the idea of a game +?

OK, numbers:
Imagine, machines are level 5, and we are level 8 in game right now.
Game + should be then: machines 11, we still at 8, no?
Throw in heavier weapons which are level 12… and… see the problem?

How will you fix this?

ADDENDUM:
You already said it is balance breaking…
Why then go for a game+ at all?

NOTE:
Again, I am NOT shooting anything down, sir…
Really…
I am just asking whether it’s a good idea.

1 Like

New game + is for those who have completed the game and are near or at max level which is 31 correct? Experimental Weapons now can no longer be obtained until level 25, 1st initial new game + would allow access to the V2 Exp weapons on a loot / Drop chance. Now, since its a new game posing new challenges for veterans those robots have to be scaled higher than that players level of 31. Since the cap is 31 those weapons are what keep the player going against higher level machines, do enemies level scale off region or robot class or both? Either so the robots have to be at least 5 levels or more compared to the player. It wont break the game if we balance it, AT LEAST keep the V2s a level below or two against the bots so the players aren’t blasting through FNIXS like butter.

Not necessarily!

All the ideas I’m seeing now are bigger machines and bigger guns to deal with them. Why? That leads nowhere, except that the poor buggers who start the game haven’t got a cat’s chance.

Well that is why Archipelago is the starting point for beginners, but I doubt Devs would consider this idea due to a lot of opposite feed back.