Experimental Weapon Expansion Ideas

I would be down for gyrojets.

Me: looks at all the other great comments in the thread.
Also me: I love democracy.
Comment Section: Hazza!!! A Man of Quality!!!

Kvm 59 can have explosive fragmentation rounds so when they hit they cause a greater area of damage rather than a single point and the kvm 89 can have a flamethrower attachment under it and can be used for close quarters combat

2 Likes

dont forget the exp klaucke 17 , but i think it should have a better chance at emp dmg ( esp against apoc tanks )

2 Likes

I would rather see experimental accessories for the existing weapons.

• Klaucke 17 ammo clip that increases the chance of the EMP-effect.
  • Laser sight that can blind the machines in a similar way the runners laser sight can blind players.
  • Grenade launcher that fires a combination of grenades instead of two identical.
  • Lure ammunition or barrel addon in order to get more attention from the machines.
  • Possibility to fire a restraining net on runners and ticks?
2 Likes

The experimental version could yes. Thank you.

Hmmm, donā€™t know if that would sit well with the player base as a majority.

To be blunt, I donā€™t think that really matters. Designing, balancing and adding new parts to a game is a very hard job. Itā€™s not a task for direct democracy. The general player base probably canā€™t point to a specific solution to the fuzzy feelings of lack they experience. They feel they want something and mistake that feeling for the need of a shiny new gun or a bigger villain. The root of it is more likely to do with fairness and reward, or the balance of failures causing more failures, orā€¦ Itā€™s a bit like flying a helicopter. Iā€™d prefer most people keep their hands off the sticks.

4 Likes

Youā€™re probably right.

Idea that popped into my mind was the introduction of plasma weapons and full weapon customisation e.g the stock, the clip(drum, stick or flip stick)what the weapon is made of(wood, carbon or experimental metal) this will change the weapon stats like handling, rpm and ammo count. Another idea is an uzi for your side arm or machine pistol and a sawn off shot gun as a side arm for those really close fights.

1 Like

Also a motorbike with sidecar for players so 2 people can ride. The side car can be Removed as an option. The passenger can fire his weapons while the driver drives.
Balance will be its noisy so likely to attract machines. You are exposed to gunfire and other projectiles fired at you. You need fuel for the bike so you have to scavenge for that at petrol station and form other vehicles. Pros will be its fast, nimble and can carry a passenger.

1 Like

realism went out the window with the games premise, alternate 80ā€™s timeline fighting an army of KILLER ROBOTS :roll_eyes:

I mean, you can make explosive payloads for the .44 or .50 in the real world. Iā€™d think thatā€™d be a better fit for an ammo type rather than an experimental, but still.

I know this is an old thread but i think it should be restarted since we have melee weapons in the game there will be some people calling for experimental melee weapons. Like me! I think there should be an experimental sledge hammer, AKA Thorā€™s hammer, that when charged up for 5 seconds does a shockwave upon impact like the tanks shockwave attack. Any more ideas anyone?

1 Like

Maybe the baseball bat could have some sort of 1000 degree outline to the bat, which would have increased damage on armor and components, but due to the danger of melting your hand off, movement speed and attack speed are decreased by 20%

Your idea for the Algstudsare is good, but that is very similar to the lmg. I personally think a hunting rifle with a frost effect that acts in a similar way to the exp carā€™s fire, but freezes and slows joint movement would be cool

Cryogenic rounds eh?

Like something in Mass Effectā€¦freeze machines like in T2 during the liquid nitrogen scene + experimental melee weapons - yeah like it.