[EXPLAINED] Question about TRIGGER HAPPY and MAKE 'EM COUNT

So I’ve been wondering about the combat skills

and

What determines if the automatic weapon is using single shot fire, is it the fire mode?
what about weapons that are only automatic like Machine guns

I assume Make 'Em Count isn’t affecting weapons that only have Semi-Automatic like the PVG, Kotenok, Sjöqvist and every hand gun, or does it?

does anyone have any knowledge or ideas about this?

1 Like

Make’em count is a strange skill, and I’m wondering if the description is even right on that one? Imho, it should be a general damge increase against components for all weapons.

The way I read it now, is that any weapon capable of full automatic fire should benefit from the skill when shooting single shots, that then includes the LMGs even though they don’t have a select fire switch (not sure about the US and russian weapons, don’t have them).

Again, going by the description, it should NOT inrease damge for sniper rifles, shotguns and so on that are not able to fire automatic fire.

But yeah, it would be nice to get a clarification on that skills from the devs.

Trigger Happy - Any weapon with auto shot option on toggle and default setting - the skill perk is applied.

Make 'em Count - Any weapon with a single shot fire option on toggle ( while in this mode ) - skill perk applied. * best combined with FMJ / Shock Ammo

So, if I’ve understood you correctly Make 'em count only applies for Semi-automatic on weapons that are capable automatic(full-auto) fire
and not for semi-automatic on weapons that are only capable of semi-automatic fire?

With either of the two, i’d wait what devs have to say about it, since the description of the two can be understood in many ways.

Few examples:

1. “Increases the amount of damage dealt when using automatic fire.”
    Here, it doesn’t specify if it is “semi-automatic” or “fully-automatic”, since both are still automatic fire modes. Only bolt-action rifles don’t have automatic fire mode due to their design.

2. “Single shot fire with automatic weapons does more damage to components”.
    Every weapon that is capable of semi- and fully-automatic fire mode, are automatic weapons. So, are all weapons, that only have semi-automatic fire mode, also included, e.g Klaucke?
    Moreover, player can fire single shots in fully-automatic fire mode when tapping the fire button/key very fast. Does the skill apply then as well? :thinking:

It’s confusing. :confused:

@SR_knivspark, care to join us here and explain it once and for all? :slight_smile:

While true in a sense @Aesyle, the term “automatic weapons” are normally used to describe fully automatic weapons (as in, hold the trigger and the weapon will fire automatically, shot after shot). How they define it in this game we’ll have to see!

Yeah, it all comes down to devs definition of said words.

And here’s an odd-ball to the mix as well: burst-fire.

In which category burst-fire should fall under? :thinking: It’s not fully continuous, as fully-automatic, nor is it single shot, as semi-automatic.

Thus far, AI-76, N16 and AT-WAD have burst mode.

Hey I didn’t even think about that. If I should guess I would say Burst would be a type of automatic fire
but that isn’t something we can know for sure without inside knowledge

don’t forget the N16

Perhaps the burst fire doesn’t belong to any and won’t get any benefit? Or belongs to both and gets double benefits? :thinking:

Slipped my mind. :sweat_smile: Thanks for pointing that out. Edited my reply too.

No effect on burst fire, as specific to single and auto

As you mentioned, the shotgun and PVG have no toggle for fire mode - so the perk does not apply.

I won’t list the auto guns, you all know what they are

But since the US Weapons, both perks apply to the N16, and should also apply to the AT-WAD if it’s got similar fire mode toggle like N16.

The rate of fire is not the determining factor.
Even if you could fire faster (read: higher rate of fire) with ‘semi-automatic weapon A’ compared to ‘fully automatic weapon B’, it would still count as semi-automatic.

Hello hello,

Sorry if the description is not clear enough =( Little clarification on this:
“Burst” and “Automatic” are considered automatic modes, while all the others are considered single fire modes. This means that both the skills are activated on weapons that the have at least one of those two modes, but Trigger Happy works for Burst and Automatic mode, while Make’Em Count for all the others. The multipliers are applied only for bullets damage.

Let me know if this needs further explanation =)

4 Likes

:point_up: Please see @DrSushi’s reply above!

1 Like

So technically Rocket Launchers will benefit from “Make 'em count” too or projectile isn’t cosidered “bullet” (in case of direct hit)?
If former is true, then Exp. CarlG lose it’s benefit?

Interesting to know that burst also factors into Auto.

Appreciate the clarity on it. Alias

I have a feeling that you could use the «firing mode» indicator to see if the skill applies or not.
Simply put, if it says «Semi-Auto», Make ‘em Count will apply.
If it says «Burst» or «Automatic», Trigger Happy will apply.

In that case, I assume Trigger Happy always applies on the LMG’s, and Make ‘em Count always applies on magazine-fed pistols, the Sjöqvist, the PVG 90 and the Kotenok.

That means that neither of the skills will ever apply to: .44 Magnus, 12G Pump Action, Meusser, Älgstudsare, Granatgevär m/49 and RLG-7.

Am I right? :slightly_smiling_face:

(Side note: If Make ‘em Count somehow applies to the .44 Magnus, then it’s not properly defined as a revolver.)

So technically Rocket Launchers will benefit from “Make 'em count” too or projectile isn’t cosidered “bullet” (in case of direct hit)?
If former is true, then Exp. CarlG lose it’s benefit?

True! Rocket Launcher damage comes from explosion, not from the bullet itself, but read below.

In that case, I assume Trigger Happy always applies on the LMG’s, and Make ‘em Count always applies on magazine-fed pistols, the Sjöqvist, the PVG 90 and the Kotenok.

Nope, be careful here! “Make’em Count” only applies when you uses a non-automatic fire mode on weapons that have AT LEAST one automatic mode. That’s why it states “with AUTOMATIC weapons”.

4 Likes

I see, thanks for the clarification. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

I’m thankful for answers too.
It’s a selfish wish, but I’d like to expand this topic and make descriptions in general more solid. Since there were longposts about skills recently, with considerable part of 'em based on rather vague descriptions.

Okay, sorry to restart here It’s been well explained I just wanted to be 100% sure.
If you tap (not holding) with automatic weapons as seen in the video, is it still affected by Trigger Happy?
Theoretically it does count as automatic fire based on my understanding of your explanation here but at the same time, it’s practically semi-automatic

Again sorry to bother, just wanted to be 100% sure