Explosive devices dissappear!

I know what I wanted to ask! My favourite game is to drop a couple of explosive cannisters, and then go and look for machines. I started it from the first aircraft bunker (still my favourite safe-house). I found three hunters up on the ridge. Then I fired on them and ran away back down to the hangar, and when they clustered round the door, I blew the canisters and finished them off. Great. Next time I didn’t have any reds, so I dropped a couple of runner cans, made sure I could pick them up again, and ran away to find the hunters. I had a short interchange with a couple of floaters, found machines, encouraged them with a couple of rounds, ran away to my ambush only to find the cans had gone! What? Why? That’s not fair! They should surely stay where I’ve put them until the end of session! If not, why not? I waste more explosives than I use in this sort of way.

So, what stays where you put it? If not, how long have you got? I want to make ambushes, but I can’t if I’m in this mad desperate hurry!

how far from the explosives that you dropped did you roam? maybe you need to stay closer.

I think the clean up code (often known as a garbage collector) can be a bit over enthusiastic at times.

Iv’e seen very fresh kills I was just about to loot just vanish and a couple of times seen freshly dropped items vanish (the backpack vanishes off screen) both times it I had dropped some stuff to loot a downed Hunter and every loose item and robot body started to wink out of existence.

Usually my issue is killing something from a distance (usually) and by the time I walk there the destroyed bot has been recycled.

Some way (them pesky hunters will keep moving about), but if you drop a backpack, it’ll stay there all session - so should explosive devices (and machine corpses).

I’ve never had a machine disappear before I’ve got there, but then the only glitch I ever got (no, two) was getting stuck in a tent opening, and falling through the world into the water underneath (quite surreal, that). Everything else worked out of the box.