Extreme frame drop that doesn’t go away

I get it… but I don’t got time for that bro. If you’ll.l see, I literally answered all these points in the first sentence. The rest was just elaborating more on what it’s like.

1 Like

I agree with you brother just backing us all up with protocol lol

@Flybydai

With your permission, I suggest some hints that might make it easier for the devs to identify your issue.

Did you troubleshoot this issue on all platforms? When you were on PC, which specs did you have? I think it will be easier for the devs if you specify exactly what happened to you only and then let others specify what happened to them. Especially for PC, there are millions of different specs and combinations, and who knows what the root problem could be.

I believe they want to know whether you were hosting a game or whether you were hosted by someone else.

Yes FPS happened to me as well, but when I updated my BIOS it disappeared. Who knows whether the update overwrote some code or if something else happened. But especially on PC it will depend on your unique spec. Therefore it’s easier for the devs if you stick to what happened to you specifically.

Just my two cents.

1 Like

I have seen the format several times, which is why when I post issues, I try to answer all the points in the beginning of my post. My main concern is just getting these bugs out there for the devs to see and hope they fix them quickly so I can get back to playing it. Right now my missions are bugged and I can’t progress. I can explore, but I’m worried I’ll wear the game out before they fix/add some features that really needed to be in the game at launch like the storage and crafting/resource breakdown station.

2 Likes

Hi from what ive read over the forum frame rate drop is an issue im on PS4 PRO.Frame rate drop can be totally random at high proccessing points of the game im glad its dissapeared for yourself by updating bios but im not saying it will stay like that as a restart normally lets gameplay flow for a while until it starts again.Im just trying to get it recognized like some of the others in here and hopefully theres a fix at some point.Im sure the devs can see and would ask themselves if they wanted extra info.Many thanks

Hi. New to the forum, but not to the game. Just joining this thread to see if the devs provide an update/respond in any way to this issue, as this seems to be the only issue they are actively ignoring. Any questions/comments on social media are ignored. I am always polite and courteous so the attitude of my posts can’t be the reason for the lack of response.

This issue is really hampering the experience for me and I see many people on all platforms are experiencing it. I do like to assume they are actively identifying/fixing the problem as to the reason they aren’t responding, but still, some kind of update would be nice if there is one.

Hello, and welcome to the forums. The devs would gain nothing from ignoring technical issues, so please don’t presume as much. They’re just very busy most of the time. Framerate issues can be caused by a huge number of problems, regardless of platform. It’s also fully possible that the game’s simply poorly optimized in places, and that it’s taking time to perfect the issue.

There should be a scheduled Q&A stream tomorrow, feel free to ask there if you want to get to the devs directly.

They don’t pay us to be quality testers. I’m not gonna buy the game three times for each console but to.confirm a bug. That’s what the forum is for. I’m on Xbox I post hey on Xbox I saw this. Somebody in PS4 confirms. I get the formalities but feedback is feedback. Bethesda anthem and more has felt the sting of ignoring fans. Just cause it’s not as pretty? if you choose to ignore that because of that. It’s just as much on you as it on us for not following a Suggested template.

Sorry for the late reply. I do understand they are busy, but I just found it odd that if I give them praise or mention some crazy idea they have responded, but mention this and it’s radio silence. From that you can understand why I came to my conclusion. Don’t get me wrong though, I don’t presume they are ignoring that issue, but it would just be nice to have seen a response regarding it.

However, on one of the recent live streams they acknowledged someones question relating to it and said they had no idea it was happening, which I found very odd considering how much people mention it online and how much it occurs in game, albeit less so now after the update.

I haven’t had much opportunity to play of late, but the last time it happened it didn’t save my capture, so i’m hoping (aside from it not happening again) that if it does I can get a capture and submit it properly.

Well this seems to be an old topic, but Ive started to experience some pretty bad frame rate drop and when it happened it dropped out all the way down to 3 fps and I got some pretty bad slow motion. Couldn’t do anything but restart and when I did the title screen came up in slow mo and noticed my frame rate was at 4fps, I hadn’t even got into the game yet. Im on pc so I jumped into task manager and both my 1080’s were only running at 12 to 15 percent. Ran some other games on my origin account and they ran fine. Ran a stress test on my gpu’s and they passed and verified my files with steam and passed. I haven’t tried uninstall and reinstall of GZ yet but im going to. Anybody else have this problem lately? I need some clues fellas, point me in the right direction please.

I have also notice this happening since the January update. My FPS suddenly drops to 10-15 for a couple minutes. So far it appears to be random, had it happen in two big fights in multiplayer and then several times when I was just walking across the archipelago.

It’s happened to me in MP and single player. Just walking across a field or down a empty road not a bot in site. Reinstalled GZ, still get frame rate drop. I’m at a loss.

I can run fine for 15 to 20 min then boom my fps drops to 3. Check task manager and my cpu and gpu drops to 10 to 15 percent like the game is shut down. Can’t fig it out. Could it be my save file?

if you suspect the savefile that’s an easy test, just backup the save folder, turn off steam cloudsave and start over for 15-30 mins. I have played about 11 hours on the new patch on my 1080 without getting any lower dips than normal when I’m not playing with dynamic resolution on.

Perhaps new GPU drivers are needed or a clean out using DDU?
Btw how is the SLi support for this game and your old performance?

I did a cache wipe and that seemed to help. Or could just be luck don’t know. Updated my drivers a few days ago. Performance hasn’t changed much since then graphic wise. My fps runs between 80 and 110 when the frames aren’t dropping.

In the past like now, when the game is running normal, my main gpu runs at about 99 to 100% while my secondary runs at about 15%. Cpu is around 30 to 40% and memory is carrying a load of about 25%. I’ve read in the past about others pc set up and some say this is imbalanced and others say it’s operating the way it is supposed to hell I don’t know. I’m no expert on pc’s and how they function but I’m learning. I just know I, like everyone else , has experienced a ton of crashes since owning this game but have never had frame rate drop like I’m experiencing now. Didnt start untill this last update. On a side note, when my frame rate drops out to around 3 or 4 fps, it won’t crash. It is completely unplayable but continues to run. I have to force close and restart so no crash report.

Btw what resolution are playing at? SLI might be worth it for 2-4k setups but not often for 1080p
But I would also try it without SLI just to be sure.

Yeah this is a major problem. I don’t know about you guys, but since I started the game I cannot get anywhere near Ostervik in the Forest Region. With no enemies in sight, the second I enter the area the frame rate drastically drops and I am playing in slow motion. It legitimately seems like the game engine cannot keep up with all the rendering. I literally can’t even visit half a region, yeah this is a huge deal for me. So far, we’re the only ones addressing it though. Really starting to lose hope with all the major issues that are STILL going on nearly a year into release

1 Like

Hello again. Frame rate drops are back for me and my crew since the latest update and dlc. Anyone else suffering from this? Can’t play co-op w/o it happening to at least one of us. We are on PC.

Platform:
PC

Description:
During combat with harvesters in high asset area, and once new hunters are airdropped in, FPS can drop to ~20s.

Steps To Reproduce:
Combat with harvester in high asset area, let it to call in hunter airdrops.

Images / Videos:

In following video, i was at the front gate of Tosberga Fort (South Coast), battling machines guarding the Hällabacken High Security Prison. My tactics are to disable harvester rocket pods, kill all hunters, wait more to arrive, kill them too and only when no more hunters are airdropped in, i kill the harvester.

On many occasions, i’ve had sustained frame rate drops in this location, during combat. And after i kill the one hunter that causes the frame drops, game FPS goes back to normal.

2nd video shows that the sustained frame rate drops aren’t only localized to one specific part of the map. This time, i was at Lilla Dyrbo (Farmlands), battling FNIX harvester and had the same FPS issue.

Host or Client:
Host

Players in your game:
1 (myself)

Specifications:
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K
MoBo: MSI Z170A Gaming M5
RAM: Kingston Savage (4 x 4GB) DDR4-3000
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo (500GB)
SSD: Crucial MX500 (1TB)
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue (1TB)
GPU: MSI GTX 1660 Ti Gaming X 6G
PSU: Seasonic PRIME 650 (80+ Titanium)
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Version 20H2 (build 19042.1052)

1 Like