Extreme frame drop that doesn’t go away

I have also notice this happening since the January update. My FPS suddenly drops to 10-15 for a couple minutes. So far it appears to be random, had it happen in two big fights in multiplayer and then several times when I was just walking across the archipelago.

It’s happened to me in MP and single player. Just walking across a field or down a empty road not a bot in site. Reinstalled GZ, still get frame rate drop. I’m at a loss.

I can run fine for 15 to 20 min then boom my fps drops to 3. Check task manager and my cpu and gpu drops to 10 to 15 percent like the game is shut down. Can’t fig it out. Could it be my save file?

if you suspect the savefile that’s an easy test, just backup the save folder, turn off steam cloudsave and start over for 15-30 mins. I have played about 11 hours on the new patch on my 1080 without getting any lower dips than normal when I’m not playing with dynamic resolution on.

Perhaps new GPU drivers are needed or a clean out using DDU?
Btw how is the SLi support for this game and your old performance?

I did a cache wipe and that seemed to help. Or could just be luck don’t know. Updated my drivers a few days ago. Performance hasn’t changed much since then graphic wise. My fps runs between 80 and 110 when the frames aren’t dropping.

In the past like now, when the game is running normal, my main gpu runs at about 99 to 100% while my secondary runs at about 15%. Cpu is around 30 to 40% and memory is carrying a load of about 25%. I’ve read in the past about others pc set up and some say this is imbalanced and others say it’s operating the way it is supposed to hell I don’t know. I’m no expert on pc’s and how they function but I’m learning. I just know I, like everyone else , has experienced a ton of crashes since owning this game but have never had frame rate drop like I’m experiencing now. Didnt start untill this last update. On a side note, when my frame rate drops out to around 3 or 4 fps, it won’t crash. It is completely unplayable but continues to run. I have to force close and restart so no crash report.

Btw what resolution are playing at? SLI might be worth it for 2-4k setups but not often for 1080p
But I would also try it without SLI just to be sure.

Yeah this is a major problem. I don’t know about you guys, but since I started the game I cannot get anywhere near Ostervik in the Forest Region. With no enemies in sight, the second I enter the area the frame rate drastically drops and I am playing in slow motion. It legitimately seems like the game engine cannot keep up with all the rendering. I literally can’t even visit half a region, yeah this is a huge deal for me. So far, we’re the only ones addressing it though. Really starting to lose hope with all the major issues that are STILL going on nearly a year into release

1 Like

Hello again. Frame rate drops are back for me and my crew since the latest update and dlc. Anyone else suffering from this? Can’t play co-op w/o it happening to at least one of us. We are on PC.

Platform:
PC

Description:
During combat with harvesters in high asset area, and once new hunters are airdropped in, FPS can drop to ~20s.

Steps To Reproduce:
Combat with harvester in high asset area, let it to call in hunter airdrops.

Images / Videos:

In following video, i was at the front gate of Tosberga Fort (South Coast), battling machines guarding the Hällabacken High Security Prison. My tactics are to disable harvester rocket pods, kill all hunters, wait more to arrive, kill them too and only when no more hunters are airdropped in, i kill the harvester.

On many occasions, i’ve had sustained frame rate drops in this location, during combat. And after i kill the one hunter that causes the frame drops, game FPS goes back to normal.

2nd video shows that the sustained frame rate drops aren’t only localized to one specific part of the map. This time, i was at Lilla Dyrbo (Farmlands), battling FNIX harvester and had the same FPS issue.

Host or Client:
Host

Players in your game:
1 (myself)

Specifications:
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K
MoBo: MSI Z170A Gaming M5
RAM: Kingston Savage (4 x 4GB) DDR4-3000
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo (500GB)
SSD: Crucial MX500 (1TB)
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue (1TB)
GPU: MSI GTX 1660 Ti Gaming X 6G
PSU: Seasonic PRIME 650 (80+ Titanium)
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Version 20H2 (build 19042.1052)

1 Like