Falling Through the Ground

I wouldn’t say it’s impossible, that’s stretching it a bit. It depends on the game engine.

1 Like

Actually, no.

CPU, while very accurate at making calculations, is not 100% perfect. Same goes to the Apex Engine. And that tiny amount of imperfection in the hardware and software, is what causes this to happen.

You may invest loads of money and time to perfect the Apex Engine, where each minute step (code perfection) is a lot harder than the last one (e.g from 99.996% accuracy to 99.997% accuracy) but in the end code can’t be made 100% accurate.

Even if, somehow (in a perfect world), you can perfect the code to 100%, it still doesn’t fix the issue since the code doesn’t run on 100% accurate hardware (CPU). Perfecting a CPU is A LOT harder, costly and time consuming thing to do than perfecting the code.

But let’s say, that in a perfect world, CPU is also made 100% accurate. Thing is, to get it at that point, there have been a lot of resources spent on making perfect hardware, that the end cost for the consumer is so high, that no average consumer can ever afford it. Presenting a question: To whom the 100% accurate CPU is for?

Supercomputer? Perhaps. However, this doesn’t solve the consumer’s issue of falling through the map, even IF there would be 100% accurate hardware and software in existence.

I believe it can be corrected, but it’s probably difficult to do it and takes time.

The Hunter: Call of the Wild runs on the exact same engine, and simply does not have this issue.
I’ve clocked almost 250 hours into it now and I’ve not seen it happen once, so something can be done.
Question is what, and how.

It can be reduced, yes, but it can’t be completely eliminated.

Rather than asking what and how to do it, better question would be: Is it worthwhile to spend time and resources on a bug that happens rarely and doesn’t break the game OR is it better to address more severe issues instead (e.g save file corruption)?

I think it can. I hope it can, for the sake of improving stability of the game. For that matter I’m aware devs will always have to prioritize which bugs to fix. We don’t have a direct insight into the development process of this game but I have faith issues like these will get smoothed over eventually.

(PS4) Just encountered my first major map bug.

Going between Lilla Hammarnäs safehouse to the mission “Lost and Found” somewhere near the town just west of Bjurfqllet i started falling through the world and kept getting spawned above ground and falling through the world again over and over until i was able to select a safehouse to spawn at but now i keep falling through the ground. Gonna restart to see if this helps

This is known and has a really easy fix, just quit to main menu, then go back into game. This fixes the issue.

If it’s constantly falling, sometimes it’s tough to navigate to the menu to quit out.

Sometimes by trying to bring up the map, and fast travelling to a safehouse away from area - will put you on some solid ground where you can quit out easier and as Mark said - then go back into game.

3 replies moved to proper topic.

//Mod

I kind of fell through the whole map, I had to restart

so as I went to complete the mission where the 5 star klauke is found, I went to run to the police cars and I fell through the map. Its towards the north where a big city is and to the south east of it and its a break up of trees where a few roads come to a stop. I’ll post an image of where it is on the map when I can

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

Fell through landscape at Sandsnas camp site. Travelling South through camp sticking close to cliff edge. Exiting site by jumping over fence and went through landscape. This then repeats over and over. To get out I tried to fast travelling to Narkudden safe house. Success-ish …I fast travelled to the shore/ sea next to the house and continued to fall through the landcape. So I fast travelled to Mudkudden port safe house and was successful. So to continue my task in hand I went back to Narkudden safe house with no problems until I left the house and promptly fell through the ground in front of the steps. At this point I exited to the main menu. This isn’t the first time I’ve gone landscape diving but the game always attended to move the respawn until it hit secure game territory. This definitely didn’t happen this time and fast travel to a sage house and missing is a new development as well as the ground being unstable on return to the area.

Merged topics.

//Mod

While trying to level up the south coast to spawn the reaper I fast traveled to a church near the truck repair shop (were you find the spare tire in fnix rising) walked outside and fell through the ground

//Mod

Platform: Xbox one

**Description:**was fighting reaper in farmlands and towards end of its life I respawned at different safe house location and as I walked out of the barn door I fell repeatedly, endlessly though the map as if falling through layers of land and water (with splash audio each time). After selecting map and respawning somewhere far away it stopped, but when I returned to the battle scene the reaper had gone and had disappeared from map. All expended ammo lost too. Quite disappointing after rival farming for several hours to get the thing to spawn and gather ammo.

**Steps To Reproduce:**this has happened once before (not with reaper) but during an intense battle respawning at the same point several times then respawning somewhere else for a change.

Images / Videos:
None
Host or Client:
N/a
Players in your game: solo

Specifications:

//Mod

Platform: PC

Description: Falling off the world in the muskudden complex military area or the mountain above it.

Steps To Reproduce: Fast travel to muskudden port complex or närkudden then moving around Muskudden logement and around the underground port complex you fall through the map eventually into the water and you get into a loop of falling through the world and only way to get back to game is to try to fast travel while falling to try to get to another place or shutting down game.

Images / Videos:55

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: Single

Specifications:

Actually after having this issue here fast travelling to almost any location and going on “ground” makes me fall off the world.

Verifying the game files through steam fixed this for now.