Fast travel bug

Platform: PS4

Problem: When I fast travel, I get stuck in the loading screen, and I don’t know why, because I didn’t have any problems the first two months.

3 Likes

Platform: PS5
I got the same problem, specially play with friends or have few Field Radios in the area
I would not recommand anyone to get this game in PS4 or PS5. Not worth it even it’s on sale

I don’t know what I do different than others, but I just had this bug once along with some other issues.
Since then I had no issues using fast travel.

Well, I must also admit that I don’t use fast travel that much, as I don’t have many safehouses. (Bug for losing safehouses again and again)

But I sometimes use fast travel to visit my bases, if I want to get closer to a location with a companion station or if I want to spawn my DLC flakmoped with the builtin plundra/recycle station/crafting station.

Yes indeed, i play on PS4 Pro, since the last update with the flackmoped i have been having issues with fast travel, sporadically but present.

1 Like

PS5. Same here. Stuck at the loading screen during fast travel ever since the new update.

Bei mir auch
Ps4 pro seit dem letzten update. Lade bildschirm wenn ich schnellreise mache

Welcome to the forum Walker, but please do note: this is a english-speaking forum.
So please try again. :slight_smile:

I have had the same issue as well online. Seems you have to close your app and then you get like 3 or 4 fast travels before your game needs to be restarted again

This is definitely a big problem. Just got back into the game on PS4 after the most recent update. The bug is getting more frequent as well. Rebuilding the PS4 database seems to help for one session. It gets messed up again though after the inevitable game crashing for whatever reason and it’s back to the fast travel bug.

Fast travel is now a major issue that makes the game close to unplayable on PlayStation. Several of my friends are having this issue and getting stuck in “fast travel hell” has made a few of the, stop playing gen zero completely. You cannot travel more than 3x at best before the game gets stuck and you have to force close the app.

This is by far the worst game for bugs of any console game I have ever played. Tons of potential and great features , but every upgrade comes with new major bugs…

But hey, at least we have snowballs.

Agree with you totally.
This game is unplayable on PlayStation. Not just the fast travel, I also having the issue on one of the main mission. I keep getting crashed on that.
Can’t move forward at all. Tried to clear the cache on PS5 and still crashed.
Hopefully they can fix this soon

Which one? For me it’s building blocks on my 2nd world.

I can’t agree with that.
Yesterday I played for about an hour.
The game ran on my PS5, but I played on my PS4 using PS remote play.

I used fast travel once and then attacked a rival. It was a crowded area so the battle ended in four destroyed harvesters (1 apoc, 1 military, 2 proto), four destroyed tanks (1 fnix, 1 military, 2 proto), two destroyed wolves (scout) and lots of hunters and lynx.

After I took all the loot I had to walk back to my closest base, as I was overencumbered. I recycled most stuff and then quit the game… No crash, just some input lags due to PS remote play.

I just had a single crash since the last update. That was once north west of the ringfort. I always had random crashes there from time to time, so nothing special.

Game installed on internal memory of PS5.
Console connected via cable to the router.
Internet: ↓ 108,5 Mbit/s ↑ 41,5 Mbit/s

Some additional info : The last few days there has been a large improvement in the frequency of fast travel bug on PS4. For the last week I have just noticed the auto save symbol popping up at the main menu when starting the game or backing out to the menu. Not sure if this is pre-loading anything or doing something else, but it seems that if I wait at the menu until the icon disappears, the game has been functioning much better. Very few of my sessions have ended with it stuck on the fast travel loading screen since I started waiting for the auto save icon to disappear. Even the companion has not been launching me in the air near as much.