[Feature-request?] Bolt-action magazine swap animation makes no sense

Currently, if you fire the last round with the Meusser, you do the reload animation (ejecting the spent cartridge), then swap the magazine, then do the reload animation again (loading a new round).

Why would anyone ever do it like that, when you could simply swap the mag, then reload once?

Technically you could also pull back the bolt and leave the breach open while you swap the mag. Don’t see why you would do that either though.

1 Like

@NJR87
Could you answer that by your experience?

1 Like

One answer is simply that you didn’t count the number of bullets you fired. So you do the reload after last shot but there is no bullet going into the chamber. So you swap mag and reload again. Happened to me on the range when I used my 22lr with different mag sizes. (I have 5 and 10 round mag).

2 Likes

What it does is basically to close the bolt instead of leaving it in the rear position. It’s a completely unnecessary operation if your goal is to reload and keep firing ASAP.

If so, pull the bolt back, change the magazine, then close the bolt again.

I’m betting the animation has been done like this for simplicity’s sake, instead of making another animation with the bolt in the rear position. :blush:

2 Likes