Feature Request: Deadzone

Please add a feature to enable a deadzone (5% or so) to make the game better for any console gamer.

5 Likes

Yes! But more controller options.

I’d love to get rid of auto Aim and auto locking personally but on off switches would be nice for everyone. Tweak sensitivity, ads…

Even button layout. The items box system with the d-pad is backwards with left to right.

Deadzone Definitely would also be a very nice edition to tweak.

5 Likes

There needs to be an option to change the deadzone for console players as controller drift makes the game hard to play

1 Like

Moved to a topic covering the same request, in #feedback-feature-requests since this is not a bug.

//Mod

1 Like

Hi again forum/Devs , since the latest sept patch the ’ Aim stick R3 ’ now moves slightly without input from user , the left stick L3 Has suffered with this since launch , just wondering if you guys the Development Team could please take a look at the Deadzones L3 + R3 and maybe do your magic and increase the Zones up a couple of point’s or a slider in the setting’s , Cheer’s Team :+1:

1 Like

Just incase a friendly community member try’s to help me , i have 2 new pads and 3 old pads and it’s the same result with all , many thank’s aye :+1: this is a Request for help not a BUG , anybody with same Controller issues XBOX/PS4 please feel free to add a big nice YES PLEASE down below , many thank’s

1 Like

After the September update I must say that I noticed something similar too.

My character seems to want to move into different directions sometimes, or move by itself.
It does not happen very often.

My controllers are not brand new anymore, but not completely worn out either.
GZ is the only game so far I have had this happen with.

1 Like

Moved to existing topic, and bumping it to the top. This is now the official thread for deadzone settings regarding console controllers.

//Mod

1 Like

I am struggling on controller with the lack of deadzone settings present in most prominent shooters. Some games (like Halo Infinite) get super intensive with deadzone settings while others are just high/low. I would settle for either right about now. Thank you for considering this request.

1 Like

It’s a highly requested feature, so I’m adding this to the main thread.

//Mod

2 Likes

Moving to this thread, so it gets some more attention.

//Mod

That’s not how it works, the thread just got bumped to the top.

It’s also posted in the correct subforum now.

Be nice.

1 Like

Broken gamepads are gamebreaking.

I once had this while I was playing cod modern warfare… And the deadzones didn’t help…

2 Likes

I wouldn’t go that far. What you’re asking for is a feature to mask the fact that you have a defective controller.

I agree that it would be a great benefit to the game, but at the end of the day, the problem is due to the fact that you have stick-drift. Not because the game doesn’t have a feature to mitigate it.

5 Likes

Adjustable deadzones would also be very useful for the weapon wheel.

Currently on PS4 if you have the wheel set to hold, you have to keep your stick directly on one of the slots until the moment you release R1. If you let go of the stick right before you release R1 then your selection will not register, which happens to me a lot.

Every game I’ve played with a weapon wheel has a bit of “stickiness” to the wheel, where if you let go of the stick before you close the wheel, it will retain your choice for a little bit. That makes wheels a lot easier to use.

@Bowi made a similar suggestion here.

It would also be very nice to not have stick drift for sure. GZ is the only game where I have that problem.

2 Likes

Just buy a new controller lol.

Who needs some basic QoL features that have been highly requested and would go a long way in improving people’s enjoyment in the game?

Come to think of it, GZ does this with a lot of things. Who needs a new game option? Just buy a PC and start moving save files.

Honestly skill respec should be removed too. It is just a solution to a problem caused by defective planning.

2 Likes

I can’t say whether you agree with @VladTheInhaler or not.

As for myself… Yes, I think the game requires inner and outer deadzone settings. :man_shrugging::man_facepalming::cry:

1 Like

I just want to point out that the way the Avalanche Studios Group is handling this game has a impact on my opinion about all your IPs.