Feature request: Northern lights

Hi. :blush:

This has been on my mind from time to time:

I would love to be able to see northern lights, auroras, in Generation Zero. The game is already stunningly beautiful as it is, but with the addition of auroras, imagine the nice photo mode shots we would be seeing. Also, how wonderfully atmospheric it would be to trod through the snow at night, with the auroras dancing in the skies above you.

Östertörn may be a little far south for the auroras to be frequent, but making their appearance rare would only enhance their wonder.

What if they had a chance to appear once every 10-15 nights or so?

What do you think? :blush:

16 Likes

Well…

4 Likes

I totally concur. Maybe the frequency could be a bit higher in the northern parts :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That would be a beautifull feature to the game. I hope the devs will listen and fullfill this whish

4 Likes

It would certainly add more to nights ingame, and perhaps limit the re-appearance of that strange moon. That and I want to see what Apex Engine can do. I’m all for this suggestion :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I agree, @Zesiir
1 - Make the nights a little darker with less weird light pollution.
2 - Give the moon a makeover.
3 - And add auroras.
:blush::+1:

3 Likes

@NJR87 Btw. the photo what you have posted is fabulously beautifull. I have to look at it again and again. :+1: :smiley:

2 Likes

@helldiver Thanks, but I just found that picture on Google. :wink:

I recommend you follow “Arctic Light Photo” on facebook. A photographer named Ole Salomonsen who specializes in capturing the northern lights. :blush:

1 Like

Actually, do any of you play TheHunter: COTW? The nights look much better in that game. And as you probably know, it runs on the same engine. :blush:

2 Likes

That’s a nice idea , could really add to atmosphere :+1:

@MollyBrodie I saw them 3 days ago. Was watching TV, then took a random peek out the window and there they were! It’s a very special sight to see.
That’s what reminded me to make this request. :wink:

1 Like

I’m re-requesting this today!
With news of the upcoming Reserve, set in Finland in TheHunter: COTW, they also announced that this map will have northern lights! And of course I’m all excited! :grin:

This means that northern lights have already been created in the Apex engine, and now you can simply copy-paste it into GZ!
Right?… :joy:

3 Likes

Northern Lights would be awesome. Very much agreed.

1 Like

But please not every night.

2 Likes

The first post says every 10-15 nights. That sounds good to me.

4 Likes