Finished Alpine Unrest Not One Achievement Unlocked (XBOX)

This is a big blow. I have a same problem. I was playing Not Alone mission and completed it. Noticed that it did not unlock the achievement as it supposed to. So I decided to stop playing at that point. It’s on Xbox, too. My two other friends have same problems, too.

That’s disappointing, I hope they fix this!

That’s a shame! It has to be some sort of bug/glitch that affects an x amount of players. While one player may be able to unlock the achievements, someone else might not. Not to be harsh on any of the updates to GZ, but I view the game updates as a give/take relationship as it’s fix a good amount of bugs, but also breaks something else.

2 Likes

Is there a way I can post a video here?

Hey guys :wave:

A high priority ticket for handling this issue has been created and it is currently being looked into.

@SAW and @MotorexGTR32, were you initially affected by the Alpine Unrest missions not unlocking and having to do a workaround to get them to unlock?

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for reporting!

Yes as I said in my OP incase you missed it, I was one of the people that had to use a work around to get the mission to spawn in my game and fear this is now some kind of side effect from that.

To add further as stated in my OP we went through the intro missions and in his game the Not Alone mission popped up at Vesslan Bunker.

Screen shot from my friends game when we got to Vesslan Bunker Warboard room(finishing the intro missions)

It stated in his game that only the host would save progress so I loaded up my own game (solo) and was finally prompted to start the DLC mission Not Alone.

1 Like

Ah, right, I see that now. It appears I scrolled through this thread a bit too quickly not reading properly, sorry about that @SAW, thank you for your patience! :pray:

We are investigating the issue, and as you mentioned, we too suspect that this issue is experienced by those affected by the missions not unlocking, and utilizing the workaround.

Hopefully we can address and patch both of these issues at the same time.

Our apologies for this! We are working as fast as we can to fix it.

Yes, same issues with @SAW.

-Not Alone mission never shown up after I installed Alpine Unrest DLC for first time.
Had to use a workaround to join multiplayer.

-Achievements not unlocking

My question is were we supposed to get an update when downloading Alpine Unrest? Because I never receive any update in Xbox. I suspected that not having an update for Alpine Unrest and a patch may be the problem. Therefore, it may not recognize that I don’t have Alpine Unrest DLC in the game in first place.

@ MotorexGTR32 ,we received a 21.99GB update (free) and the DLC was only 10MB (basically just an unlock key). Your xbox probably updated the game while you were offline if you have it set to update your games and apps. The fact that you were eventually able to start the DLC confirms you do infact have the update and you should have some ski clothes etc also (ski boots etc).

Im guessing the work around had some kind of side effect and this is why we cant unlock any achievements for what ever reason.

No, I bought it through Microsoft Store in my Xbox console and I was online the whole time.

Where can I check to see 22 GB update?

Roger that @MotorexGTR32, thanks for the info!

As @SAW mentioned there was a free update released at the same time as the DLC.

Just to make sure you have it you could check your version of the game by…

1. Press the XB button on your controller
  2. Press start/options on Generation Zero
  3. Select “Manage game & add-ons”
  4. See version next to size on the top right

You should have 1.0.8.10

Generation Zero Game- 48.1GB

Generation Zero: Alpine Unrest- 10MB

Size: 48.1GB

Version: 1.0.8.10

Yes I know the DLC was bought through the store but it was just an unlock key (10MB) as the free update includes the DLC. This is why people that didnt buy the update can still play with the new bots in the game they just cant access the new island.

If you go to My Games and Apps and then on Generation Zero push the menu button (little button on the right of the guide button) and select Manage game and add-ons, you should see that Generation Zero is 53.5GB and v1.0.8.10 and Alpine Unrest is 10MB (the unlock key).

ah nvm I beaten to it above as I was posting :stuck_out_tongue:

You just said 53.5 GB, mine is 48.1 GB. What did I missed?

yes mine is 53.5GB but I also have other DLC’s installed, the 10MB you see on each DLC are just unlock keys basically

Ohh duh me. You bought two clothing pack DLCs. :roll_eyes:

yeah they were free DLC for pre-order etc, that came with the game

Oh, that’s nice. How did you get a perfect shot of your Xbox picture? I had to use my iPhone. Lol

stream the game to my PC (Win10) with the Xbox app ,hit print screen key on my keyboard and then paste it in here :wink:

That’s a lot easier!

Do you know what’s the problem with what we have among with other players for DLC?