Fix Or Fail... Its up to you

Can you share the link to this list of bug fixes @DyingSyn? I’ve searched and haven’t found anything other than the short list of known issues that was posted some time ago.

Letter from the Development Team - April 5th I believe? Also, I don’t know if you’ve gotten the perk that lets you find more ammo while looting but that helped me find a LOT more ammo :exploding_head: generally more than I even want to try and organize lol.

I guess it wasn’t yesterday, more like couple days ago!

1 Like

Hence why it was only $40, not a full release imo. And normally games with tons of bugs from the getgo tend to have quite a lot of content and multiple occurances at once. The last game I played with a game breaking glitch was Fallout 4, which was arguably larger, with more interactive objects, NPCs, and mechanics, but with respect to Avalanche, Bethesda has a larger team but crap old engine.

I do think there was quite a bit of cookie cutting, for example, in ALL 3 lighthouses there is a toolbox in the second window on your way up the stairs…with absolutely NO way to reach it. Again, all 3 lighthouses. Small team or not, like you said, small things like this, and enemies phasing through walls - all rudimentary matters.

I would have easily paid full price for this if the game weren’t as barren, sucked CPU usage for size and graphics that could have easily been scaled down to a smaller sandbox. Why do I need to run 20 minutes to get to the nearest safehouse?

Part of me wants to give the benefit of the doubt, but then my trophy hunting side is screaming laziness and huge oversight considering that basic programming for those base functions are lacking. PC had the issue with mouse from launch, and the consoles have slow input. Why do I need to push triangle 4 times to get this guy to properly pull out his sniper rifle as I’m getting flanked by 2 harvesters that spawned on top of me?

Absolutly, $40 is not a bad price for an early access title being that it will be continually updated and polished before its full release. If Avalance is going to claim Full Release status to push the game to more platforms then they have to be ready for our criticism, and i hope they have had many conversations on how to salvage this mess up.

I could sit here and make comparisons all day about other early access titles that most likely would have failed (as GZ has done) IF they pushed a Full Release before even actually testing their game properly.

Still, the game COULD be really fun IF it was actually playable for more than 10 hours / had actual content that isn’t handed to you in the first 3 hours. Changing the overall difficulty and color of enemies is not actual content.

1 Like

I had 3 teleport themselves into the upper floor of a barn last night all doors were closed & the barn didn’t even have a ramp also I was facing the the stairs and they didn’t come in that way

The closest I have ever come to a rage quit

1 Like

I mean I got 28 hours in so far and only like 1/4 of the map unlocked and I’m still having fun lol. Plus I don’t think having issues at launch or bad steam reviews is failing, as some of the biggest games have BOTH of those?

And lets be honest, if it were “early access” people would still be saying the EXACT same things. I don’t care WHAT it’s labeled, if it’s getting fixed then I’M HAPPY to wait!

1 Like

Inventory management is tedious and takes too much away from valuable playing time.

Smart of you to notice. The exact same thing happens with the drop sound as well. But that’s mostly just the smoke and mirrors that sound designers sometimes have to rely on, in lieu of more advanced features (or sometimes, to avoid wasting too much processing power). Trust me, my first thought was to position it where the magazine were to collide. Since I already did that in Max Payne.

If you keep your senses keen, you may notice similar smoke and mirrors happening with the empty shell drops. Again, sometimes developers need to work within tighter technical limitations than they would prefer.

Cheers, and thank you for the insightful feedback.

Just my point of veiw fix whats broken first then add extras.It is what it is ,you devs know best you created it we love it.Its playable on PS4 yes ive encouterd some unusual things,but im still ripping robots apart and looting like an addiction hahahaha…oh and site seeing some amazing veiws in all weathers.Dont tell anyone but this game scares me in the dark while hunting with a headset on lol.

2 Likes

Proccesing power meaning too much goin on hence the frame rate drope in certain areas? dont get me wrong ive never seen or heard so much detail in a first person shooter and i would notice if it just dissappeared.Please dont take offence to this but recently ive noticed destiny 2/bungie in my top 10 uprating to more detail bit by bit even though i still think gen zero is the best ive seen in detail and sound so far. PS4

I think so small team just may mean needing longer more work to cover.

Sometimes it’s a matter of processing power - don’t use too many sound events that require frequent updates from the game side. In case of the weapon magazine drop, it’s the fact the magazine drop is a character animation in the first person hands + weapon. There is no physics simulated object dropping, hence no collision detection, nothing to time and position the sound. So I had to fake the drop sound. The sound could have just as well not have been there at all, and perhaps then the position error would not have been noticeable either.

1 Like

Sorry misread what was said so saving proccessing power by just templating your own action lol.Im on PS4 and i love playing and competing…i cant afford the pc i would like lol.Also on PS4 the mag drops to the left but dosnt appear on the floor and the sound to me is great as i wear turtle beach well faked.Loved max payne by the way.

1 Like

Better the sound was there faked or not,makes it what it is to me anyway.message above was for you too pete.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Enemy Wall Glitching

Topic closed to avoid further necro replies.

//Mod