Flexible inventory system

I suggest fill inventory system with upgradeable bags for three different types of loot.
Main Bag for weapons and other, Medicine Bag for medpacks and Ammunition Bag for all the ammo.
For example, player start game with only active slots for weapons and misc, find Small Main Bag in first house, Small Ammo Bag in church, in place with old gun, and Small Medicine Bag in first bunker or near, maybe. Than player can upgrade or craft Medium and Big Bags for all types.

You see, gameplay dictate to have abilities to store more loot than we can now, even on foot, not to mention the need for containers in safe houses. I think all bags and safehouse containers have to be craftable and upgradeable. We already have workbench for this functions (would be great to have craftable and upgradeable workbenches too, but it’s not for this game type maybe).

• need new bag system or something like that
  • just need bigger inventory, thats all
  • dont need anything, i like my actual inventory

0 voters

The inventory is indeed rather irritatingly limiting, but I think that making it more complicated isn’t the right answer. Instead, I would suggest:

• Get rid of the inventory slot skill, and either give us the full inventory from the beginning, or have it be some progression based thing (either auto-unlock the rows at level 5 and 10 (maybe higher, but probably not much) or have bag upgrades you can pick up at fixed locations.
  • Add a bank-like thin in each safe-house. Make some kind of storage (ideally the size of the fully unlocked inventory, possibly bigger), make it available in each safe house, and make it sync between safe-houses (that is, you can put items in in any safe-house and take them out from any safe-house without having to care which safe-house).
1 Like

Overall I think most players would be happy if you didn’t have to micromanage your inventory so much, if ammo stacked properly that by itself would be a huge improvement to the quality of life for the game :slight_smile:

3 Likes

it should be first step in loot system improvement.

@addEFFECTSoptionsNOW
should be a fourth option for “other ideas” because i don’t think we need a new multi bag system or bigger inventory but i also do not like the system how it is

we need ammo to stack properly

if i have 7 birdshot in my shotgun and i add a stack of 10 birdshot, it should add to it not swap out

if i have an equipped weapon with FMJ ammo and i pick up more FMJ ammo, it should add to the weapon before starting a new stack

we should be able to check equipped attachments without having to remove them to do so

if i have a health pack equipped and i pick up another, it should be added to my equipped stack before starting a new one

if i try to pick up a stack of something like 2 rockets, but i already have a stack of 3 rockets and no empty slots, it should let me get 1 of the rockets before telling me i am out of room

none of these are new and original ideas, I’ve seen them suggested here or on discord before, i’m sure eventually we’ll get some sort of inventory overhaul

@ahferroin7 storage would go a long way to help both the inventory space and the 4 hour cooldown on loot. I don’t think it needs to be in every safehouse, first one would work fine because it unlocks from the start so it’s easy to fast travel to. also it doesn’t need to be bigger than our current fully unlocked bag. just give me enough room to store some weapons

1 Like

Indeed, even just at Yttervik would be fine. The only reason I had said every safe-house is to make things easier for people (and because the devs will almost certainly be getting such a request if they only put the storage in one or a few safe-houses).

As far as size, I was on the same page about it being the same size as the fully unlocked bag. In addition to weapons though, I’d probably use it to stockpile spare ammo and consumables. One of the reasons I play as carefully as I do right now isn’t because dying is particularly punishing (it’s a pain, but it’s not that bad, especially with bikes now being a thing), it’s because it’s such a serious pain to rebuild a reasonable stock of ammo and consumables after a big battle. Being able to stockpile all the rifle and SMG ammo and medpacks I find that I don’t have the space to carry regularly would go a long way towards me being able to play in a much more relaxed manner.

1 Like

I got nothing against the current inventory space, but as for the ammo stacking is concerning, my thoughts would be:
Assault Rifles/SMG ammunition could be raised to 1,000 per stack
Shotgun ammunition could be raised to 200 maybe a bit less per stack
Hunting Rifles/Handguns could be raised to 400 per stack

As for the Medkits is concern I think just doubling the Simple Medkits, tripling the Standard Medkits and quad the Advanced Medkits, but that may be somewhat overkill.

if a workbench type of system is something thats going to be implemented then backpacks and battlewebbing would be a smart thing to implement
say start with swedish basic civi ,kĂĄnken backpack
then you can thru schematics research get uppgrades thru multiple levels , älgpungen ATväska LK35 LK70 Lk100 LK35 Sjv( that you can strap on tons of Grg bumpa on , as we did in the day)

as for the Grg illum round would work wonders for a distraction flare
Pskott M86
and wheres the Ksp 58B, Ksp36 ???
regarding KSP and heavy weapons bipods and full prone position

troop mines 12 the hockey puck 10 and
oooh the immigrant tv mine 13
i loooove the 13 =)
mine 14 would also be interesting as an ambush mine
get us the grolletractors so we can run havoc as real swedish farmboys

regarding vehicles
theres one vehicletype that would be a must
mopeds and especially the flakmoppe
the flakmoppe must be able to two wheel around corners =)

plus LTAC lätt terränggående attack cyckel
tgb 11 13 valpens tgb20 pvpjtgbil 9031 with the recoilles rifle on
ME wants =)