Floating Structure

Platform: PC

Steps To Reproduce:
I first saw this from Ornsnabben Lookout Point (first two screenshots), looking generally toward Masskar Radar Tower. I went to Masskar Radar Tower and see it again toward Grantrop(?), (third and fourth screenshots).

Images / Videos:

Host or Client: Solo-player, offline mode

Players in your game: 1

Specifications:
System: Dell XPS 8930 Desktop PC
Intel® Core™ i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3192 Mhz, 6 Cores, 12 Logical Processors
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 64.0 GB
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Adapter RAM (1,048,576) bytes
Monitor: Tech Concepts (TCL) 55US57WB [55" 4k UHD Television]
Resolution 3840 x 2160 x 30 hertz

That isn’t a floating structure, as you get close the whole object spawns in, they are Radio Masts

1 Like

Ive seen that too on ps4

Yeah, I’ve seen that happen in several different locations so far. It’s a rendering bug, not a floating structure. That’s the top of a communication tower. the top of the mast is being drawn in at a farther distance than the tower itself, when in reality they should be rendered at the same distances. If you get closer to it, you’ll see the tower finally render in.

It’s definitely a bug though, just not quite what you thought it was.

1 Like

Oh I see what you mean. The Draw Distance is rendering it before the rest of the structure.

1 Like

That dosnt explain the floating rocks lol or ground that splits like a ghost mirror thats what youve seen im guessing Crunchmeister.

Floating rocks look like they readjusted terrain mesh where there previously was a hill but forgot to delete the rocks, leaving them floating.

1 Like

Good thinking a change that wasnt fully burned off the software.