FMTEL Assignments not tracking

Neither of the counters are working for me today.

Same problem, no success message, points or reward received.

Ok, I gave the Seeker one a second chance as I didnā€™t have the time earlier today.
It finally completed after being stuck on 4/5 for a fairly long time and needed about 15 Seekers in total to complete. It completed with notification, sound and rewards (wood & something else) but again NO R-POINTS !! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: You owe me at least one Tank reward for this sh*t, devsā€¦

But not worth the hassle anymore, there are better things to waste my time withā€¦

1 Like

I tried building one of the new Soviet gates but that didnā€™t work either and right now cement is at a premium so Iā€™m not going to waste it on this.

1 Like

Runners got a reward but didnā€™t get any resistance points, 1 destroy a tank with a hunting rifle didnā€™t have 3 destroyed without counting them, the first one was also a rival, and the 3 rivals didnā€™t go either

1 Like

Completed all three. Not much for any of them and no points. The 3 rivals? Well that got just tungsten only.

Platform: Xbox one

Description: FMTEL Assignment: Kill a tank with a hunting rifle -

just killed two tanks with nothing but a hunting rifle in the farmlands area (one in the airbase, one at -115.276, 1933.595), assignment not updating, points not awarded, rewards not given.

This is classed as a ā€œHARDā€ assignment that is supposed to award 3 resistance points and an Advanced Material Package. Turns out what it awarded was a deep sigh from me, along with a muttered ā€œwhen will I ever learn? These assignments rarely workā€ and a reaching for the ā€œoffā€ button.

Thanks for the great gaming experience!

Steps To Reproduce:

1. Choose assignment in FMTEL menu at Vesslan Command Bunker.
  2. Make sure itā€™s activated by waiting for the on-screen ā€œassignment activated!ā€ message
  3. Also check that itā€™s activated in the in-game menu.
  4. Find tank
  5. Kill tank with hunting rifle.
  6. wait for assignment to update.
  7. double check requirements: Yes, it just says ā€œkill a tank with a hunting rifleā€
  8. Go find another tank.
  9. repeat steps 5, 6 and 7.
  10. Quit game in utterly frustrated resignation.
  11. Wonder, not for the first time, why I waste my time on this game, and whether this will be the day that I finally uninstall it and go back to playing games that ACTUALLY WORK.

Images / Videos:

Host or Client: Single player

Players in your game: 1

Specifications: X box One base model.

1 Like

Moved to the main report thread.

//Mod

Todayā€™s FMTEL assignments went as follows.

Destroy 15 runners: Seemed to complete after destroying 15 runners. I wasnā€™t keeping count but it felt about right.

Destroy a tank with a hunting rifle: Took 82 rounds but only had to drop one tank for the assignment to complete.

Destroy 3 rivals: Completed after destroying 1 tier 4 Harvester rival.

No resistance points were awarded for any of the assignments.

End of gaming session.

Todayā€¦
15 runners seemed to count correctly and completed, announced and put stuff into box( not worth effort though)
1 tank with hunting rifle ( mostly PVG but finished off with rifle) completed after 2 tanks and completed, announced and put stuff into box (not worth effort though)
Neither awarded points and my total for the week remains at 0.

One thought I had was that this assignment system is not difficult to program. It is a bit of adding up and displaying the result in a static display. Also if it was a programming error it would be the same for everyone surely?
So is this a just a problem of communication between the Apex Servers and our machines?

Any thoughts?

Almost all FMTel gave up, went straight away today except for the one where Iā€™m supposed to destroy a wall in a Fnix base with a hammer, Iā€™d love to. Only the game hasnā€™t created any in the last 3 hours

Let me tell you a tale,
of a fool and his folly;
Last night or the night before,
a resistance newsletter came to his door.
Inside was a contest! A chore to do in this little trifle.
Kill a tank with a hunting rifle,
Away to his bed he flew like a flash.
Tore up the covers and threw up the sash.
In seconds he was outside.
In his arms he carried his beauty.
ā€œMister Meusserā€
Defiantly, he set off to find a tank.
He searched for about a minute before he got bored.
As he was heading back, he glimpsed one!
Just his luck, it happened to be a FNIX tank.
But he was in no mood to fight,
so he went up and tried to befriend it.
Itā€™s response it didnā€™t thrill him,
it turned around and tried to kill him.
So he raised his rifle;
and decided to fight in this epic war;
and wasnā€™t long at all before,
he shot his gun and saved the day!
The great tank was croaking,
But alas, the FMTEL was broken.
and the person he admired most,
met up with the Tankā€™s foot and now heā€™s toast
Iā€™m still here and heā€™s a ghost.
And he ended up with no rewards.

8 Likes

My God, Iā€™m crying :joy::rofl:. Thatā€™s bloody brilliant.

Believe it or not, it is a true story.
Trust me, I would know.

1 Like

Yeah it happened to me as well. But the poem though was 10/10

Thanks, it was my first time writing poetry.

Same here and when I checked mission Apex was disconnected. Long epic fight with the rifle and stim against apoc tank. Your poem captured the feeling perfectly.

So far, today, none of the apoc machines have counted towards the assignment and neither did the rival.

Do I keep trying or just give it up?

This reminds me of an old Neil Young song, ā€œYou make it pointless pointless poooooointless.ā€

The apoc machine one worked for me. Even had a new assignment completion sound jingle.

Kill one Rival. Not once. I destroyed 6 and no luck.

The FNIX base destruction with a melee weapon. Well base defence and base assault is bugged so no joy there either.

Tha apoc assignment counted for me on both PC and PS4, neither times did i get the resistance points. The rival never tracked on PC while it did on PS4, again to zero points rewarded. Cant do the FNIX base one due to spawn rate of them.

The assignments have just become 50/50 if they complete at this point.