FNIX Rising discussion

Might be a future DLC area where players will be transported at some point or a dev testing/display map, just like in many other games where all items, enemies, etc. is spawned for testing purposes.

2 Likes

I would say testing area. But it could well be a secret area we will eventually get to

Yes but FNIX Rising came out after Alpine Unrest, so after finishing the main story for FNIX Rising. Veronika tells you that she needs to find Elsa… makes no sense cause the player already meet Elsa and knows about things… so the player could just tell Veronika… Hey Veronika, I met Elsa, she is alive and you can find her in the Hotel etc… btw. I have that walkie talkie with me wanna talk with her etc…

right now the ending of the main story makes absolutly no sense. it would make sense if alpine unrest would happen after fnix rising… but then the player could go to the hotel and inform elsa about Veronika and tells her that veronika is alive somewhere out there trying to find elsa.

Also another point. Where I liked the main story… its also really a mess up afterwards. First you gather up materials for the truck. Right all those huge tank armor plates, the player just puts in his tiny pocket? and the weight of those armor plates? I mean I pick up a few bullets and I am overcrowded. But a huge truck frontshild or those side armor plates… right…

Also then the truck drives off and I cannot sit on top of it or something similar and I have to protect it by hand by running behind it. Wouldnt it make more sense, that I jump on the truck and drive with the truck. If in danger the truck stops, the player would shot from the truck or jumps out of the truck etc. but not… hey player go go go run while I drive… wait what? you want to sit next to me? are you stupid? Noway! You have to walk by foot while I sit inside do nothing than complaining and drive away… then the truck get hit by a art. shell and is still alive, but it get shot down by a few runners and boom…

Also at the end that guy drives inside the base and boom. No wait what about driving inside, jumping out of the truck, going to safety and the boom? Well that would have made sense in a reallife, but its a game… Also if the player sneaks into the base with canon, why doesnt he also attaches explosives at the canon?

The whole story at first sounds nice but if you really think about it… its a really poorly designed. I know all the fanboys will hate me for that. But be honest… its poorly designed. But ok the player is an strong man or superman can pick up half a ton of hardened armor plates and a truck shild etc. put them in a 10x10cm pocket but its overcrowded with 5 more bullets in his pockets and afterwards he sneaks into every base, blows up things, destroys tanks etc. but just couldnt have used a handful of C4 on the canon?

And then Veronika tells me that she needs to go and find Elsa (but wait… the player already knows and could have told Veronika that Elsa is alive and safe in the basement in the hotel)

Oh and lets talk about melee weapons. Shooting a tank with a .50cal armor piercing rounds… but wait… why not just take a wooden stick against a fully armor plated and hardnend tank made out of metal.

Geez are drugs legalized in sweden?

2 Likes

Well I think the plates, and all those other large and heavy things are loaded onto a truck, but unseen. I never noticed anything of that appearing in my backpack inventory. Just try some positive thinking. And please no spanking. :wink:

Cannabis in Sweden is illegal for all purposes, but it is not in my country.

What we don’t need are toxic comments like this one. I won’t edit it out, but keep it in mind next time.

//Mod

Now I understand people that say my blocks of text become hard to read :smiley:

You didn’t understand the story and it’s intentions, but I’ll agree it has been rushed mechanically. I adore the lore and story the game shows us, I adore the scenery, but when it came to presenting these elements technically it was barely holding together. Game logic flaws go back and you’re not the first to go after ‘deep pockets’ and ‘respawn no death make no seanse’, so it always comes back to this - It’s a game. Still, when it comes to flaws in interactive elements, I can agree and have this urge to let them know it didn’t have to be released so soon.

I may not be seeing the issues of why it was released so soon, but certainly would’ve been greater to present a story like this one with a bit more foundation :slight_smile:

but just couldnt have used a handful of C4 on the canon?

Yeah exactly our thoughts - why to bother with the truck if we could just plow through the enemies up to the cannon, attach C4 and booom… (which is BTW exactly the same thing you are required to do in one of the side missions)
The truck brings absolutely NO addition to the story, beside of babysitting it all the way, which we fixed by run ahead of it, shoot everything waiting there, get back to truck, follow it some distance, run ahead of it… aaand so on, until we cleaned up the path up to the cannon.

Not sure if this is really much a spoiler but just putting the spoiler tag just in case

summary

Apparently in one of the side mission details it says that it tells you that you told Veronika that Elsa is alive. Not really much else other then she is thankful to hear that she is alive. Though I would of loved to hear her get gitty instead, because my gay heart already cant get enough of the two. I honestly would of loved to be able to give Elsa “another castle” letter thou (even though I know it is a collectible.) Really hope in the next DLC or when ever we see them again we get to see them together.

Just decided to go on down to where the FNIX rising final mission is and see what it looked like before the update and i think i found it.

spoiler

where the outer gates start

where the base starts

Where the artillery cannon and base will be

Then i walked over to the first one of these things and realised how close it was which i thought was why FNIX built here as this is where he had his first thingy? Can we come up with a name for these things?

Spoiler

It has a name, it’s a FNIX Power Generator. As to what it actually does, and how it draws power from is another thing. I’m thinking, it’s some kind of thermal generator since it pops out of the ground to vent steam.

I am currently trying to complete the two side missions from FNIX Rising in which you are tasked to destroy a couple of energy generators. However, it seems I can pump round after round into those things, and even several grenades seem to only scratch their surface.

What am I doing wrong?

[edit] Nevermind, it only took a couple more rounds… those things are built to last.

Merged with the FNIX Rising discussion thread.

//Mod

not sure where to ask this but seeing its all FNIX stuff I am dealing with I figured I would start here…now I just bought the initial game a few months ago & started last month or maybe a little earlier. Anyway as I played I just took Minken before the update & decided I need a few better weapons so I just started running around the map here & there literally & God I had a blast…anyway after the update I added the two DLC’s and yesterday jumped back to Aso & started there & now I am seeing all of the FNIX stuff…now machines yet…but the outpost & stuff and I am wondering can I simply avoid that stuff or and I fighting both that DLC as well as the main. Now worried just want to know cause I already went back back to talk to the Dude & opened the Fort but stopped there pretty much cause in no way am I ready to fight a damn FNIX tank in the open. I will do it from cover, but in an open field…they don’t make enough Adrenaline shots…

I guess is it feasible to play the main game & kind of ignore the FNIX stuff till later or will I have to deal with it?? Just curious really…

Once you get out of the fnix area you should be able to continue as normal. But that is just my guess. Cheers and good luck :+1:t3: