FNIX Rising worth to buy?

Same discussion topics merged + corrected topic title.

//Mod

As far as my personal opinion in FNIX Rising goes, the €7.99 is way cheap of a price. I’d expect it to cost at least €10 if not €15 and even then i’ll buy it (already bought it).

I haven’t had time to play it but since i’m playing GZ for it’s lore and FNIX Rising expands the lore, it’s well worth it for me.

1 Like

For those in doubt, ask yourself this, what games have DLC at such low price and with so many new things?
I can´t think of one at all, at least not an FPS or open world game.
Yes…it´s worth it…

Why did you do this? While @Fraeddy was talking overall value in terms of content, my original topic and post was about continuity and progression…

I’d pay another 8 euro just to hear more FNIX dialogue, but that’s just me :eyes:

1 Like

Well atm i wold buy any thing just to support the game and after doing the main story missions in the dlc im sure its wort the money. its alot of story and the amount of lore is just good. i it did take me close to 8 hours doing it on gerilla diff i hade to lower it for the last mission as it was to ruff. im doing it whit an group support engineer whit AG5 as main weapon and i use the GRG for some blasting fun. curent ly im only lvl 27 on the char but the robots is no push over for now. i gess if you run an vangard whit experimental weapons its easy but i like my 5 star AG5 and grg so i stick whit those =)

From Code of Conduct - Forums,

Be courteous: Avoid duplicate posts
Cross posting is not allowed and will result in the removal of one or more posts. Cross posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more locations. When posting your topic, please try to post it in the most appropriate place within the organizational structure of our community. Identical topics posted in the same or different forums will be removed. Topics posted in the wrong forum will be moved.

Or in other words, if there is two or more topics about the same discussion, newer topic gets merged into older topic to keep order in the forums. And since you were first one to ask from forums if FNIX Rising DLC is worth to buy, 2nd topic got merged into your topic.

//Mod

I will be frank seriously? there are games out there that charge 50 pounds euros dollars whatever and your complaining its Overpriced!!! Pay more respect to the devs and there work dude :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not complaining.
Other people are complaining, and I’m trying to figure out if they’re right.

I’m not gonna push the subject :upside_down_face:

It’s a fair question to ask. I’m not saying this because I’m a biased Mod, but as a player of GZ since launch. Yeah, I think it’s worth the price for the amount of content you get. And you support the devs in making more for the future.

Same dude same and I agree 100%

The main story took few hours to complete and this really feels like a Early Access DLC.
Alpine Unrest was awesome, but this really is a disappointment. :frowning_face:
Even though, I will buy every DLC that they put out just for the sake of supporting them, but if this kind of content is now the new norm, I have to think that again.

I got quite disappointed when i finished the DLC without having unlocked a new island…
Im not exactly sure why, but i was expecting / counting on a new island.
It may have something to do with the fact that DLC is new content, separate from the main game, something that you have to pay for to get.
But in this instance; it seems like EVERYONE is getting the DLC “map” and all the new toys, we´re just paying for the additional missions.

Its perfectly fine to pay for extra missions, but it feels silly paying for a DLC with such a short experience as FNIX Rising…
I completed the DLC main story 2 times yesterday, from beginning to end, almost completing it a third time (host disconnect), while still having time to do most of the side missions before bedtime…

Alpine Unrest took days to play through, especially since it had a completely new map witch forced me to walk between missions, experiencing the beautiful island while being scared sh|tl€ss by the sight of that green cloud surrounding most enemies on the island.

But FNIX doesnt really trigger that same awe and appreciation, the reworked map surely looks great in every aspect, the epic battlegrounds are a perfect addition to the previously all-too-nice world and the FNIX structures do feel like a natural evolution considering the game lore.
But it doesnt ADD new and exclusive content, it just modified the old one.
As i said, it IS a nice addition, so it would be awesome as a game update, but as a DLC it falls short.

There has been some mention of the added dialogues, but the only experience i got in that regard was the subtitles, not a single spoken word from the game… (tried switching from swedish to english with same result)
And those subtitles werent even covering everything, my co-gamers did hear some dialogues without subtitles, witch means i didnt even notice it.

I still wouldnt demand a refund, simply because i love the game (why else would i purchase the game + all DLC´s twice?), but i cant help feeling disappointment.

1 Like

That very much depends on how you’re playing it. I’m playing it hardcore style with low level character, no fast travel and on Guerilla, and I’ve spent 4 hours and only finished the 1st mission.

My playstyle is to stealth and search for goodies before I move on. Rather saving mission for later, than to rush through them like you need the catch the bus. No fast travel as well. I also want to do as many of the challenge tree as I can. I haven’t finished the challenge trees of the main game yet. But for me it only finished when I have found and did everything.

2 Likes

Yeah, well and after the missions, some other parts of the new content I need to work on:

• Explore new locations
  • Collect all new collectables
  • Collect all new crafting recipes
  • Collect 5-star melee weapons
  • Complete new challenges

I easily foresee at least 100 hours of new gameplay.
I think €8 is pretty fair for the DLC update.

Definitely! I am going to check out fort T see if that has any FNIX defences ( That is when it comes out on console)

1 Like

Now, on that note Xezr - are you able to replay any of FNIX dialogue in the log…like a cassette playback?

I understand there’s over 100 schematics now

No idea… Haven’t really delved into the depth of the DLC yet. Would be nice to listen to again, if possible.