FPS/Stability Issue

Hello all,

I purchased the game last night along with a few friends and for hours, I constantly experienced FPS right around 8-14. I’ve tried putting everything on low, I’ve made sure that the game is using my GTX960M instead of my integrated graphics, and tried everything I can find online.

The biggest problem I am having is that when I try to run like my friends are, I am left in the dust and they are flying ahead like I am moving as slow as a snail.

Based on your minimum system specs, I thought I wouldn’t have any problems.

I’ve also tried this:

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

I roped a friend in last night and we had a blast, but had similar issues on his end. He’s running a GTX1060 so he also shouldn’t be having to many issues. Laggy, even with everything at low, and the movement was where it showed the most.

Glad to see I’m not experiencing it alone!

Nope, and same! If I’m not mistaken, it launched with an optimization driver update for AMD cards, which could explain the trouble with Nvidia hardware. The optimization for the GTX series may just be lagging (no pun intended) behind.

Unfortunately I don’t think the GPU (nor brand) is the problem, but that there is something else into play. I have an AMD RX 580 (which is equal to a GTX 1060) and I’ve also had some severe framerate stability issues, whereas my friends (who have GPUs ranging from 1050 Ti to 1080 Ti) have no problems at all.

It may help the developers if you post the rest of your specs (OS, CPU, RAM, etc.) so that they might be able to identify which hardware/software causes the issues.

Infact two common denominators between people having these issues seem to be either that they have an Intel Core i5 processor or that they are running Windows 7.

I have posted a similar ticket here: [PC] Lagspikes while playing (update 2019-03-27)

Hate to bring you the bad news, but a GTX 960M is actually much worse than a regular GTX 960. Since they needed to fit them into laptops, most of the old M-variants are much worse than their desktop counterparts as they had to be crammed into a smaller space (less space for circuitry) and of course shouldn’t run too hot.

There being a difference between them is a somewhat important thing to be aware of, but is unfortunately often overlooked (with good reason though, as who would think that there would be such a big difference if they just added an ‘M’ to the end?).

The minimum recommended GPU for this game is GTX 660 or AMD HD 7870. Your GPU sadly doesn’t meet the requirements as there is a significant difference between the 660 and your 960M. See a comparison here: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-660-vs-Nvidia-GTX-960M/2162vsm27242

And compared to an actual 960, the desktop variant is almost twice as good as the mobile variant.

Please ensure your drivers are up to date. Also what windows version are you on if all your drivers are up to date?

So, I think we found the issue on our end last night. My friend came over my house with his laptop which sports a GTX 1060. We checked the settings and for some reason Gen-Zero defaulted to the integrated graphics card rather than the dedicated GPU! Super odd, but after changing that over it runs like a charm.

We had also roped in another friend who was using a GTX960. His game was lagging like crazy and lo’ and behold, it had defaulted to the integrated graphics rather than the dedicated GPU!

This might just be what you’re running into @blake12377. Depending on your operating system there’s a couple different ways to check this and switch it over.

@Mcwade0706 Had the fix we needed and I didn’t even notice that that was pinned to the original post until I just typed this out :stuck_out_tongue:

As I stated in my previous post his card unfortunately doesn’t meet the minimum requirements, so I sadly don’t think that would work for him.