Framerate Drops: Skyfire Update

Yes, it’s the sparks and especially when you use a augementation as Unstoppable rounds that causes mthe heavy frame dump. But I learned the hard way during yesterdays daily mission “do a base assult using only handgrenades”, that they also can cause sparks to blowing a 3rd lvl base in pieces. A lot of sparks if you just throwing them in droves. FPS went low towards 30-ish compared to my worst just above 20. Normal for me is locked 100 FPS stable and everything High or Ultra.

I’m on Win11, AMD 7800X3D, 64GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3080Ti OC
And getting almost 80% FPS loss in GZ… That’s heavy.

For me the framerate dropped when firing with my augmented 5c RPG on bases (structure destructer). But I guess it did that since we got the augmentations. Too much destruction at once.

It wasn’t that hard that I was unable to play, but recognizeable.

Something similar happened when shooting with my augmented 5c granatgevär (Titan toppler) on a reaper, especially after it dropped a bunch of runners.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that issues also. Go shoot you’re experimental magnus multiple times against a tree to shrapnel. You’ll notice that it’s the bullets are also causing fps drops.

So today I reached the point where it becomes completely unplayable.

Runing around the Marshland to eliminate the 15 machines and I did meet a rival spetsnaz Wolf lvl4. Even though I don’t use Unstoppable aug. it start spraying sparks profusely before it finally would explode. As my PC also almost did, 0-4 FPS?! With a nvidia RTX3080Ti OC…

Had the choice, Alt+F4 or wait and I didn’t want to lose what I just found before so I id wait. For 3-4 MINUTES before FPS stabilized again in just a few seconds. :astonished:
If I hadn’t tested last 3 versions of nvidia drivers already I would had presumed that latest one was bad but this? It’s a total different level of fubar.

And watching my Riva tuner overlay during this “pause” I noticed my video card dropping all the way to 405Mhz (!?) from normal 1800+ just doing nothing and with 4GB of 12 available video memory in use. And same goes for my CPU and RAM. The PC wasn’t busy with something, just rested there waiting for anything to do.

So to the big Q: Where is the patch that at least fix this crap so GZ will be playable
with some “minor” bugs that can be fixed with later patches?

2 Likes

Game is in a bad state

I’m on Xbox Series X and unfortunately when in combat it’s unplayable. The framerate drops down to 10 when I encouter more than 2 enemies or when I fire shotguns (I’m mostly playing with the SPAS 12). It’s really weird. When I turn around the framerate returns to normal again (not always). I did not experience that kind of performance issue before the rollout of the latest updates.
Please get to the bottom of it I’m having so much fun with this game!

Ok, so I guess a first workaround would be to not use shotguns, until it’s fixed.

That’s sad especially because one of the new weapons was a shotgun, but if it helps…

Found a couple of new solutions too yesterday!

Use thermal or infrared add-on on your scope, even with Unstoppable bullets, it blocks those freaking sparks and any FPS drop wasn’t noticed.
Was a bit painful to look at when it changed to a glorious sunny day but it works.

Same goes for long distance kills not zoomed in so the sparks isn’t rendered for you. Try it with a 2x scope or 1x-4x scope at 1x. Gives you red dot or crosshair instead of iron sights.

Unfortunately no way to avoid the sparks in CQB fights, yet. Still a massive FPS lag party doing that.