Framerate Drops: Skyfire Update

Looking or being next to any robot cause huge frame drops; 60 down to 30, even lower than that. I’m on Xbox Series X, the new update has caused this please fix this fast. This bug is making it unplayable for me.

2 Likes

On PS5 as well. Its really annoying. No specific area. Its just over all. 15-20 robots and its completely done.

I really dont know if those updates get any tests on real hardware lol.

2 Likes

Series X here, getting drops to what seems to be single digit FPS while fighting 2 or more large machines. Turned my FOV down from 75 to 60 but had no improvement at all. I’d like to be able to play the game, but unless these crippling performance issues are dealt with, it seems that won’t be possible.

1 Like

On PS4 performance drops also when near enemies

2 Likes

Played 15min on PC, also having massive FPS loss in some situations.

“Normal” for me was steady 100FPS caped, in 2560x1440 with most on ultra or high, extreme occasion 98FPS. Now with a 5C KVM89 and 2x sight doing first the weekly “Valued target” and then the daily “Destroy a tank with machinegun” I had dropps and stutter all the way to 22FPS whenever I aimed and fired away a box.

2 Likes

Until now I just had some frame rate drops in bigger fights while using shock ammo.
PS5

2 Likes

This isn’t proven by any means by I keept a eye on my Riva tuner and the FPS.

Any sort of damage on machines that causing electrical sparks seem to cause FPS drops.
More sparks, stronger drops. Scoped in, stronger drops too.

I’m on Xbox Series X and I’m getting low FPS when shooting shotguns using birdshots or even the experimental .44 Magnus. Probably at least from 60 to 20 fps when I’m shooting it.

1 Like

Im on series X, centering your screen in the direction of enemies cause frames to drop, aiming is worse, shooting will cause the frames to stop entierly. Looking away causes your character to snap around like the view sensitivity is jacked up. I think this issues is affecting players differently beacuse theyre able to fight the new tyrant with mild issues and im crashing over the protoype runners near the starting dock. The previous update whipped all my characters stats, this one makes it unplayable, im tired of logging into this game expecting it to work like it did years prior and it just getting worse and worse with every update.

Sometimes I just hate that devs change alot of stuff but don’t tells us about what they changed and usually thats the issue because we are just saying that we are having framerate drops and that’s it we can’t give much info.

But if y’all wanna know what I think it’s causing to do that framerate drop. It’s because they improved every robots AI from my guess. Example go meet a rocket dog, he doesn’t shoot so close anymore, he shoots at a distance now. And my guess it’s every AI was improved alot that it’s causing to lose framerates due to so many robots processing to think what to do.

Y’all wish came true from making robots smarter but it costs you to lose framerates.

Anyways. Imma wait even longer until they actually fix the framerates and lag problem.

Whenever I play, my game lags massively. My FPS drops immensely and I find it very hard to play the game. I am playing on PS4 and usually play with my friend in a multiplayer session. This is really annoying and I cannot enjoy the game with my FPS dropping drastically. This is not in any specific area, it affects the entire map including Himfjäll.

2 Likes

Greetings! Since the Skyfire update has went live, a friend of mine and I have been encountering some issues with the game and I will try my best to maybe give personal insight on what might be causing the issues. I will try to make separate sections for each issue found so please bear with me here if this post becomes a massive wall. For the record and in case this helps narrow down any issues, I play on an Xbox Series S while my friend plays on an Xbox Series X.

First of which is Framerate dropping. So far my friend and I have been able to narrow this issue down to the game stressing to load a lot assets such as terrain and machines. Another thing that has also caused frame rate drops is visual effects (VFX) caused by Ammunition fired by the player and the machines as well as setting down multiple Portable Homing turrets. One weapon in particular I’m sure will be as of no surprise to anyone but the minigun is able to drop frames near instantly due to the rapid VFX of damaging armor, components, as well as bullet decals (thank god we can’t use exp ammo because 7.62 shock would be a game crasher for sure).

Second issue we found is game stability resulting in game crashes. We have yet to test anything in solo play however my friend constantly experiences crashes when I am hosting. We haven’t had my friend host yet so it’s not confirmed yet if it’s a me issue, my friend’s issue, or if it’s a Multiplayer issue. Some times the game can just crash for no reason for both of us which may end up being an entirely different problem unrelated to the multiplayer aspect mentioned in this section.

The companion has a couple issues that my friend and I have also noticed, One of these was an issue before the update. The first issue is that when deploying the companion it will take a few seconds to fully deploy and sometimes may stay in it’s small compact form when the model is initially spawned in in front of the player. The second issue is that sometimes the companion will disappear from your inventory for a period of time which can cause confusion for those wondering where their companions are at if they don’t see them at the player’s side, on the map and needing repair or even in the storage box. We have no idea on what could be causing these issues unfortunately.

This next issue isn’t really an issue but more of an exploit or possible oversight my friend and I have noticed. When it comes to the spawning method for Tyrants, We noticed that you don’t actually have to finish destroying a base after spawning in one or both tyrants on the map. You can just leave the base and over time the base will be repaired. What this means is that players can leave a level 3 base assault up indefinitely and as long as they destroy the four shield generators, they can re-enter the hatch and spawn in more tyrants provided they have the data to spawn them in.

I hope this helps the dev team tackle some issues a little faster and also helps/warn players of potential issues they may encounter. For players experiencing framerate drops, I advise to maybe not turn so fast and refrain from using any ammo/weapons that can create a lot of VFX too often until the issues have been resolved or a quick band aid fix is put in place while the real hotfix is in development.

4 Likes

Merged some reports to the thread covering the issue. Remember to keep bug reports separate.

//Mod

(PS4/PS5) Massive frame rate drops and constant random crashing, it sucks because this game is really fun. The devs need to hire console QA testers.

1 Like

Made several impromptu tests on PC. Both in the latest GZ Skyfire update and also in the Public Test Branch.
The same thing happens in both and it’s only certain types of weapons and ammo that seem to trigger my FPS drops. Except that an sight worsens the effect when it occurs.

For example. Experimental KVM59 with its flashes hardly affect the FPS, but ammo, agumentations and damage to machines that give the smaller sparks, from any damage giveen from any weapon, the FPS drops immediately.
Using any gun with high rate of fire agumented with Unstopable rounds for example, that produces heavy showers of sparks and more sparks - bigger drop.
A sight on that and it can drop 80 FPS out of my normal 100.

PC with WIN 11 24H2 26100.1000 (Insider pre-release channel) running on
AMD Ryzen 7800X3D with 64GB DDR5, nvme SSD gen4. on nvidia 3080Ti with latest whql drivers in high/ultra on 2560x1440 on stable capped 100 fps.

1 Like

Same issue here. I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the explosions/sparks when hitting machines (for me at least). It gets worse the closer I am to the machine, and if aiming down the sights. The absolute worst has been when I’m using my AG4 with the Unstoppable Shells augment (bullets piercing machines/walls), where I drop down to single digit FPS.

On series x using any high ROF weapon causes frame drops even when no enemies are present. This is persisting even after the recent patch, tried to sumbit clips but they closed my support ticket before I could upload them. This is the worst state the games ever been in.

No.
There was a time where every new FNIX base may have caused a crash, where fnix bases became indestructible, where it could happen that the world was overrun by infinite ticks… Which finally also lead to crashes.

That was far worse than now, as it also happened to everyone. Currently it’s very different. I don’t have any issues that disturb me. Maybe I’m just lucky, but PS5 currently seems to be the better option.

No, it didn’t happend to everyone. Maybe on consoles but not on PC?

I never had that and nor they I played with back then.

I’m willing to agree that this is probably one of the worst updates released for GZ.
It’s so many things that have gone wrong in an update and I can’t remember it happening in all the years?

Just glad that none of the errors are more serious than this one because then it wouldn’t have been playable maybe.

2 Likes

Some of the performance issues I’ve noticed seem to be traced to Harvesters and Tanks (particularly the Harvesters!) when they spaz out attempting to path around complex terrain. Some built-up areas run so poorly that it’s initially unclear what the issue is, that is until I find the culprit machine stuck on a building or something and destroy it, after which the FPS returns to normal.

I get this particularly with the Unstoppable aug on a shotgun using birdshot. It tanks the usual 60+ FPS down to sub 10 FPS EASILY - even when just firing at the ground! Definitely some optimisation issues afoot.

Specifications:
Windows 10, Intel i7-2600K, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1070

2 Likes