Frequent random crashes preventing progress

This is very weird though. The game did have a lot of crashes for a while but they’ve grown fewer and fewer. The amount of crashing you’re experiencing isn’t on par with most reports I’ve seen either… Is this the only game doing this?

The game crashed like crazy for me too since the September update but not every 5-10 minutes.

It hasn’t been very consistent either. Sometimes after 15 minutes, sometimes after half an hour. I definitely did not manage to play for an hour without crashing.

Before the update it did crash a couple of times but those were mostly explainable (in hindsight).

Most of them where very probably because of the numeric minus key of my “brilliant” mechanical keyboard (with these worthless Cherry MX switches) getting stuck and therefore starting and stopping new recordings a thousand times a second. The only other one was when I was walking around a weird piece of terrain (ditch in a sand path with floating texture). No idea if that was the cause but it did not happen again after I reloaded the game.

Last night the game crashed literally after a couple of seconds with this error message:

GenZ-Error-After%20Loading%20Game-Moved%20just%201%20sec

I didn’t think about that before even though it’s the first thing to try when you have problems. Since my graphics card (R9 380 4GB) is pretty old already and since I haven’t had any problems with any game, it had actually been a little while (few months) since I last updated my graphics driver. So I did and after that I had a session of about one and a half hours without any problems.

So I’ll see how that goes in the upcoming sessions.

There have been some very obvious changes to what the game renders. Possibly in the engine itself so that may very well be the cause for (at least part of) the crashes.

Edit: I still got a nasty crash after I stopped a recording. That seemed to have something to do with RivaTunerStatisticsServer. In the module SaveMedia64.dll to be exact.

Hard to say, since I’ve only played this game, The Forest and Green Hell on this computer the last 4-5 months. Before that I had another graphics card and less ram, which only allowed me to play very old games or low graphic indie games and I didn’t play as much as I do now. But to answer your question, no I haven’t experienced a crash or freeze on this computer that I can remember in any program on the computer, except in this game, the last months.

I should add that the crashes are varying a lot again. I tried uninstalling the bike add-on, since the bikes seem a bit glitchy. In steam it looks like it’s been deactivated/uninstalled, but the bike stations are still there in game (should they go away?). However, I haven’t been on a bike the last two sessions of gaming and I experienced just three crashes over about 3 hours of total game time. (I think I recall previous sessions when I’ve been mostly on foot, not touching any bikes, and having a considerably more stable experience of the game, but it could be wishful thinking…)

One of the three was not really a crash, it was me falling through a glitch in the ground, down in to the subterrainian sea and then respawning in the same spot and falling down again, and again, and again in an never ending loop… So that wasn’t really a crash. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good idea, though I installed my RX 580 in late august, I checked the updates and saw there’s new drivers. Will update them and report if there’s any change in the games stability.

finally was able to get my game going after redoing my PC, I use Win Pro 7 sp1 x64, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6gb, 16.0 ram, Intel® core™ i5-4690 cpu @ 3.50ghz 3.50ghz, and installed it on a 860 evo 1tb sata drive too. Last night was playing with my friend and kept crashing over and over again must have left least close to 30 bikes all over the place. Friend kept going on that least she’s becoming a expert on inviting and I’m getting good with riding the bikes ingame since i have to ride all the way to her after the church safe house as would crash over and over again sometimes in the first 5-10 mins or 1-2 mins.

Don’t know what is going on with the game. I see from a lot of posts that a lot of win7 users are having issues with random and frequent crashes and I’m running win 10 and having the same problems. I can be playing single player for hours and maybe crash every other hour but as soon as I go into multiplayer it’s crash crash crash. Sometimes every 10 min, sometimes 30 min. Don’t know why the game can’t seem to run multiplayer without this issue. Bought this game exclusively to play with friends. Love the game and all the potential it seems to have for the future updates that are coming. Only time I play alone is when I’m out scavenging for ammo and meds. Game plays damn near flawless when I’m alone. I’m running win 10 with 64 gigs of ram ,twin 1080 ti’ s with 11gig vram a piece , i7 8700k. My frame rates run between 100 to 120. I’ve tried dialing the graphics back and every other thing suggested in these forums with the same end results. Thought maybe in multiplayer too much was going on in the game that was causing the crashes but after the 7th crash in less than an hour me and my buddy found ourselves somewhere in the marshland region and came across 2 fnix tanks. The firefight was intense and I’m thinking this is it, my game is about to crash but oddly enough it didn’t then a third tank walked up then a fourth untill 6 fnix tanks were bombing a house we were holding up in. Runners were showing up, seekers and a couple of hunters. The fans on my pc were screaming. Kept checking my core and gpu temps and everything was well within safe range. Pulled up task manager and my main gpu was at 100% while the second was running at about 30. Cpu was running between 45 and 50 %. So no 100% cpu core issues ive read about in the past. Still couldnt beleive i hadnt crashed yet. But as soon as the fight was over; we lost by the way ultimately running out of ammo, we spawned at the closest safehouse and after 15 min it crashed on my end. And that’s something I’ve noticed, it only crashes in multiplayer when I’m the client. When I’m hosting I can play all day long with some stutter and slow down in the game but crashes are few and far between. Any thoughts on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks guys.