Fuel cell weight adjustments needed

I think the small, medium, and large fuel cells need to be adjusted since they all weight the same.

Their weights are odd, yeah. Worse, to me, is that they—and EMP cells, and communications array lures—all require 10 units in order to scrap them, and the amount of resources gained FROM scrapping them is pitifully small considering their weight/the number of items being scrapped.

Small fuel cells could drop to about .5 units weight, medium could stay at 1 units weight, large could go to 1.5 units weight? Small fuel cells could stay at 10 units to scrap, mediums could drop to 5 to scrap, and large could drop all the way to 2 or 1 to scrap? Communications array lures could use the same ‘to scrap’ numbers—10 light, 5 medium, 2 or 1 heavy… Just to pitch ideas…

Could go with 7 instead of 10 on the high side, and 3 for the low side instead of 2 or 1.

Yeah, I also noticed that. Seems that they forgot to change them during the last crafting and material revamp.

These numbers were usual for every item.
Well, it was different in the past. The game changed.
In the past you got EMPs at every edge.
They were used much more so you took all you got, either for recycling or using them.

Now you can craft everything and get more ammo than you can use … And therefore you aren’t forced to use everything you find any more. You can now fully concentrate on your weapons and shooting everything down.

Finally, you’re right, these values should be adjusted. They are a source for the rare rubber, which at least I could use much more of for my companions armor.

Speaking of the incomplete recycling/crafting revamp, it’d be nice to see the small, medium, and large EMP cells added to the crafting list. The small and medium cells look like just C or D cell batteries, put together with some other bits and pieces, which ought to be doable. The large cell might be more debatable, but might be some typical lantern or flashlight batteries, or similar, put together into a bank, which could possibly still be craftable.

I was around for at least one round of recycling/crafting revamping, and do remember the higher amounts needed to scrap things. 10 was indeed pretty standard, with 5 being like the next most common number. Think 10 for flares, sticky flares, fireworks, etc, and 5 for larger items like field radios, ammo cans, field medic packs, etc… It came with a lot of mixed feelings, especially when it was noticed that the EMP cells, fuel cells, and communications arrays still took so many to scrap.

It was like they went too far with some things—flares, etc, could’ve stayed with more than one needed to scrap—and not nearly far enough with other things… no surprise, EMP cells, fuel cells, and communications arrays are the biggest offenders there. Lightweight stuff should take more to scrap, heavy stuff should take less.

2 Likes

pocketsize EMPs that use AAAA batteries would be the size of ChapStick in your pocket & weight ( 000.4 ) only