FXAA + TAA Anti-Aliasing Flickering Textures

So basically, this is an issue I’ve noticed since the release of the September Update. It doesn’t offer any performance impact whatsoever, but it is distracting enough to figure it’s some kind of glitch.

Platform: PC

Description: Using FXAA + TAA option will cause flickering textures at a distance, particularily inside interiors like churches and houses. Regular FXAA option works as intended.

Steps To Reproduce: Enable FXAA + TAA

Images / Videos:

Host or Client: Solo session

Specifications:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel® Core™ i3-8350K CPU @ 4.00GHz
16GB RAM DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

1 Like

I agree. I have seen this on PC. Affects floor textures in bunkers and distant shelving in underground hangers (e.g. Overby AB) among other things. There seems to have been a general overall degrading of visuals with the September update. One thing that annoys me is changes that are not in the changelog.

I also saw it in churches, but not so intense.

It also seems to apply to the outside lights of the “barns” that you can’t enter.

@Saddletank Those shelves were flickering even before the August update (at least, here they were). Just like some of the “tiled house windows” from the inside and the base of some of the small garages. No idea if had something to do with this particular setting though.