Game crash all the time

Your knowledge of this is greater than mine. All I can say is that before the farmlands control points update it was rare for a crash (not unheard of but once in a blue moon). Currently and with no changes to the computer at all I can crash within minutes of approaching a control point or mass spawning of ticks.

Maybe it’s the graphics driver? It’s a little over 1 year old, update if possible

1 Like

Excellent idea. I never even thought to check this (my mindset of ‘If it isn’t broke, don’t fix it’ got in the way).
Currently updating to the latest version
|Version: |516.59 WHQL|
|Release Date: |2022.6.28|
|Operating System: |Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11|
|Language: |English (UK)|
|File Size: |784.7 MB |

and will keep you posted if it happens again.
All the best!

<edited to fix my typos because I am crap at typing!>

dang … it still crashed out tonight. Was leaving the Smultronstallet control point and was walking down the runway of f23 air base and loosing fps as I went, still set to potato graphics and it dropped down to 10fps … started climbing back to almost 20fps when it crashed out.

Current computer specs are:
Cpu: Intel(R) Core™ i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz
MemorySize: 34341339136
MemorySizeFree: 29151752192
OsVersion: 10.0 Build: 19044
VideoCard: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
GpuDriverDate: 6-23-2022
GpuDriverVersion: 31.0.15.1659
CrashUUID: f5ed90d9-1a12-48a7-8a89-6a8cc779ac7f

1 Like

Yes having the same issues, along with constant crashing.
I wish we could undo updates (as one can do with Windows).
Presently the game (after 2.5 years of playing) is no longer playable…

Larry

1 Like

I figured out nobody can goes to the control point near ôstervik called älgbacken control point. Everyone who tries that, the turrets etc in that base will activate from long distance, and the game will crash. I tried many times to run as fast as i could up to the base to destroy it, so i could get over that bug. But it is not possible. Before you reach the base it crash every time. I hope they soon will fix the problem

Im curious on how many FNIX bases you have active currently. I only ask because i faced this exact problem for a while when i had 7 max Level FNIX base. When i was taking them out, and leaving Algbacken for last, I noticed i could enter the area as normal without infinite ticks spawning and the game crashing like it normally did

Dont know what you mean with “Active”. If you mean like taken control over, then it is only a few. But maybe i will try to take over all other control points and leave älgbacken at last. But i dont hope the enemies can take the FNIX bases back again

I do mean taken over control points, hopefully it works since it appears both gnome ticks and infinite ticks are caused by the FNIX Bases.

I cant get throug the control points. The game is incredible full of bug. Finished a control point. Right after it crash. Then i tried another control point, it crashed in the middle of the fight at the control point. I just hope there is a way to remove my base support upgrade of the game. Or i need to remove all my game from steam and purchase GZ over again without the upgrade

Why?
That has nothing to do with the base support dlc.
Base assaults came with Landfall Update for forest region and New Dawn Update for farmlands. These were not optional.

Like @Madchaser says, purchasing the game again won’t help. Even uninstalling the DLC won’t help as the bases are (unfortunately) not optional but part of the last patch.

On console to get rid of them you have to reinstall the day 1 version from disc and play offline, but then you’re back to a 3yo game which is very different and your save game won’t work.

On PC I just don’t know if that’s even possible and wouldn’t recommend it.

I wish there was a way to roll back to a specific version but unfortunately I’m afraid were all stuck with this update and we’ll have to wait to see what the devs do next.

1 Like

I can only play the game on PC with steam. I will try with other control points, and wait with the control points that crash the game. Then i hope there is a fix on it. Like take down the control points from many miles away, so nothing can activate in the base. Or use the experimental grenade weapons with lots of grenades, and shoot the control point down very fast, as hope i can do it before it crash

The one and only time I had this, my game crashed when I was approaching control point Joängen.

Once I was back in the game I fast traveled to lilla hammarnäs and went there again directly. I had luck, no turret sounds and therefore no infinite ticks. I destroyed the base and kept on doing my job.

Now i only have 3 control points left älgbacken, Ravinen and Gardberg Mine. Ravinen is like älgbacken control point. When i came to the base, turrets activate itself before i can see them. And then crash…

Yesterday i tried Gardberg Mine, which crash during the combat at the base.

At least today i feel more luck taking out 2 control points in a row with no crash.

Thanks to many of you in here. I toke out Ravinen control point today. And only need 2 more to take them all out. Sadly the enemies can keep take over the control points again.

But this for now fix the bugs in Hagaboda where many doors etc cant be opened. Then i got the second schematic. And also finish the side mission to collect stuffs under a boat near Hagaboda

1 Like

If you ever want to hunt for gnome-ticks, let the bases grow again.

Locked doors mean, there are gnomes around.

Sorry for the potentially dumb question, but I have seen the phrase ‘gnome-ticks’ and general bugs in relation to gnomes being close (as with the doors in this thread). What exactly are they? Do you just mean the normal gnomes or a new/bugged version. The reason that I ask is that I have (according to the stats page) collected 100% of the gnomes and I am guessing this is why I am not seeing or having to deal with these as the normal gnomes are not there?

This thread should answer it for you.

Like @Indominus-J wrote, there is a whole topic about that.

I guess most of us have all gnomes collected, but these are different. They look like the normal gnome and just seem to appear if the game gets unstable. There often is one gnome per house in multiple houses and they often are in the kitchen or the hallway (in small houses).

Sometimes you cannot interact with them, but if you can reach (doors often are not able to interact with) and interact with them they spawn a gnome-tick.

These ticks are very deadly (about 3 hits to 0 health), have good to unique loot (ammo, adv. health kits, adrenaline, caps (apparel), tick-pods, gnome-tick-pods, gnome-masks (there are 7 different to collect) ) and can be activated up to about 100 times.

Sometimes, when the host isn’t able to open a door to reach a gnome, other players (in coop) are, so that they are able to place a field radio inside.

Platform: Xbox One and Xbox Series S

Description: Crashes every fifteen to thirty minutes intermittently

Steps To Reproduce: Play with multiple players at least one player crashes every fifteen minutes and has to rejoin the group costing a field radio and about every 3rd or fourth crash full systems crash us out of the game.

Images / Videos: None (Crash)

Host or Client: Both. I have crashed as host of the game as well as a client

Players in your game: 3

Specifications: Standard Xbox one/series S specs.
Internet spds between 200 and 300/mbps
Wired and wireless connections