Game crashed, no crash report

Platform: PC

Description: Game closed down by booting me back to desktop with no option to send a crash report.

Steps To Reproduce: No idea. I was just in Åsö looting a house. It was night, foggy and a couple Seekers roamed by. My last action was turning off the lights in the house.

Host or Client: Solo Session

Players in your game: Just me

Specifications: Win10, 16GB RAM, Geforce 1070, Intel Core i3-8350 4.00Ghz

Another crash. This time with a crash report. What’s going on? Never seen it this frequent.

Happens to me randomly all the time. Sometimes I can play for an hour, sometimes I spawn and immediately crash to desktop. There is absolutely no consistency to when exactly the crash happens. 90% of the time I’m able to send a crash report.

In this post you’ll find a list of everything I tried:Frequent random crashes preventing progress

After a lot of research it seems to be an issue with the Apex engine, since JC4 players are reporting a similar issue (which some say still isn’t fixed). Still hoping for a useful developer response or at least a fix in the upcoming patch.

Cross your fingers and maybe make a backup of your savegame … just in case the game crashes while it’s saving.

It’s weird though, because to me this is a recent thing. I used to be able to play for hours at an end but just now it’s started to crash randomly. Maybe it’s a windows update causing it?

I reinstalled Win 7 from scratch in January this year and installed an all-in-one update package. Since then I didn’t run any updates until recently, hoping a Windows update would fix the CTD issue with GZ.
I know you’re on Win 10, but given my experience I don’t think Win updates are the issue here. Not that I’m an expert, I’m just a “power user”.

Some people said they had issues with a recent Nvidia driver update. If you can and are willing to do so you might want to revert to an older driver version to see if that fixes things. I’m an ATI user, so I don’t know how (auto)updates work with Nvidia cards.
My previous ATI drivers were from the beginning of the year when I re-installed windows. Now I’m running the most recent drivers and I still have the random CTD issue.

Is there anything else you changed before these crashes happened? Maybe installing some other game/software that seems to be completely irrelevant?

Same thing is happening to me as well. Random crashes, never once have I ever closed the game intentionally.

I did update recently but that was to try and fix the crashing. It did absolutely nothing.