Game crashes when traveling to/from Tarnboda Skans to nearby areas

Hey @Mr_A1992 :wave: and everyone else in this thread!

We have fixed a crash related to a mission in the Himfjäll area where an explosion repeatedly occurs in Tärnboda Skans for the “Make Some Noise” mission whenever going near or around that location.

Although we haven’t been able to reproduce this crash internally, seeing some of your reports mentioning hearing the explosion just before the crash occurs we believe that the explosion incorrectly being triggered likely was the culprit/cause of these crashes.

Unfortunately the fix for this did not make it into the upcoming, next update, however, it will be included in the update after that.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience :pray:

3 Likes

again thank you all devs for your hard work and listoning to your players.

I’m on ps4 and its impossible to move to anywhere in the center of the map from the Gaddon safe house through to the Ronnhalla shelter. If your on foot the game crashes if you try to fast travel to Gaddon or Ronnhalla again you crash. Thank you for your hard work .

1 Like

Moved to the Himfjäll crash thread.

//Mod

Whats the status here?

Its close to a year now that some of us have not been able to play this dlc…

2 Likes

@SR_knivspark We would like to know if this situation has been addressed, its been 1 year now.
20% of Himfjäll island is a no go zone, it crashes.
Will the fix finally make it on the next update?

Thank you.

1 Like

Hey @Mr_A1992 and @Lazur327 :wave:

As mentioned in my previous comment we have fixed what we believe is the culprit in this scenario, and the fix should roll out in the next patch (the patch planned to go out to all platforms simultaneously). See my previous comment for more info.

With the issues we’ve had on XBOX / Game Pass all our releases and patches have been quite delayed and pushed, but know that we are working on getting the patches out to you as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience :pray:

6 Likes

My friend plays on PS4 standard slim model, this issue has been ongoing for him, I have never had this on my old PS4 or my PS5, I hear the explosion but no crash, every time he goes near the centre of island or Charlotte church game goes to blue screen, is this likely to be fixed in next update as it’s killing are Co op :+1:

1 Like

This seems fixed now guys?
@broken_insect289 @Lazur327 @mem1067
Test it yourselves

Ive been testing it for the last 10 minutes and seems fine Hope it stays that way!

3 Likes

@Mr_A1992 Seems to be working fine except for the massive framedrops in the area and a level 4 hunter got destroyed(not by me) when I entered the area.

AND just to spice things up I’ve encountered another nasty bug theres all safehouses are gone except the bunker network and some other randoms. If I unlock them again they won’t save… (Så irriterande)

Hope everyone will have a nice weekend!

2 Likes