Game + idea: How to improve to Game +

@Bootie

AH!
My apology, I misunderstood…
I thought that you meant the machine should think like 4 seconds before figuring out it should kill you…

My bad, sir.

Seeing this new evolution, I do agree with you.

Not at all! I should have been clearer. I might consider this further and post a set of clear “tactics”. After all, the DEVs, bless 'em, mostly aren’t soldiers, but soldiers would have programmed these machines… :smiley:

2 Likes

@Bootie

If you like, I can co-op with you on the tactics…
Either way you deicide, that, sir, would be a damn fine thing to have on the forum!!!

Brilliant idea.

1 Like

Time to think like a robot! Yeah, cool. I’ll just have to stop this in a minute since my dissertation has to be on the desk of The Man first thing in the morning and if I’m not to be at work all night, I shall have to get on with it, but I’ll keep the window open (I am so easily distracted!). I’ll message you in the week. Cheers

1 Like

Yes, cool posting @Bootie.

So it is not just me :upside_down_face: I have experienced the exact same thing several time, runners running away tail between legs. I tried to hunt them down but to no avail. I think fleeing is a fair tactic for the machines (but a bit unsatisfactory for us). I wondered about it too but ended up thinking “smart doggie”.

I had a tank running away too once, but it came back with scars and an attitude :wink:

And I second your “specifics” :+1:

1 Like

@Bootie

ADHD perhaps?
I have ADHD and Aspergers, so, I am more than known with becoming distracted…

1 Like

IMHO, they should return with back up…
Still, I do like that attitude…

Tanks do “go to ground”, but generally with cover-from-view rather than cover-from-fire - they hide behind trees and fire through them. Sharp things, Tanks. Thinking about it, that is sharp progamming that a Tank can work out where “behind a tree” is!

2 Likes

@IanForce @Bootie

Stop posting…
You already got me killed six times :frowning:
hahahahahah :wink:

Oh, it’s desperate at the moment. i took three days off work last week to finish it and should have had at least a day off, even before the weekend. I haven’t been outside for a week! It took me three days to really get to it. I broke the back of it yesterday and am advancing today. i think we’ll be all right. i have got the whole night to work if I need it (I do that a lot).

laughs cruelly ha-ha, you don’t don’t know whose side I’m on… :smiley:

1 Like

And what if I am on their side as well?
Then you should still be backing me instead of killing me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Even relativity… is relative…

I’ll just stay dead for a bit now! XD

Again, now I’m wearing my engineering hat, please forgive: Power is a sparse resources. These guys run on batteries/power cells. We design battery operated devices, and when the device is idle it must go into (deep) power down. Otherwise the power source is drained way too quickly. Expect the same from these machines when idling or scouting. Everything in the combat power domain is probably sleeping. It will take a few seconds to get online. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Where’d be the fun in that?

1 Like

FACT!
In OUR reality…

Who says they are not running a nuclear system, with the cells basically a micro-reactor?
I mean, who knows what tech they exactly have.

Could be just as well, their battery tech is super advanced, capable of running for a decade on one charge.
Hell, maybe they simply hardly use energy at all?
They might be super efficient?

@Bootie
You’re one nasty fella. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yes, sometimes they should! But not always, I think. Even though there is a Volvo outside every house in Sweden, I wouldn’t expect machines to be quite so abundant :wink:

1 Like

You say such nice things. You flatterer, you…

1 Like

@IanForce
Seeing they virtually overrun whole Sweden, there should be a few more than you think…
No?

@Bootie
I love you too, brother. :wink:
Just pray we do not meet, I will happily make you keel over from revenge of killing me by text. XD

Ugh, I hope they’ll never bring in PvP…
That would ruin all.
UNLESS it is an optional thing, then I am all for it.
I do not want to deprive those that actually want PvP.

About that, let me make a new post.

1 Like

That really took me by surprise a few releases ago. That was a fine example of AI developing. Now, @Bootie, do your dissertation! I have work to do too! Let’s continue later :grinning::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

2 Likes

I’m on it - but you know @Avalanche_Graham is about to post today’s clue, don’t you? Oh shit, there goes another hour! See you…

1 Like