Game slows down intermittently (PC)

Good to hear the problem is fixed…

what do you use to run your fans manually? I’ve got an alienware area 51 R2 and the command center that came with it is wont let me control certain fans manually. Thought about using Msi command center but don’t know if it will conflict with aleinwares software. I’m still pretty new to the pc world and don’t want to start messing around and crash my system needlessly. A lot of you guys on here seem pretty tech savvy and I have learned a lot from reading your posts. I appreciate any advice given.

This is how it looks like on my PC:

As default it starts in smart mode (same settings as set in BIOS).

In manual mode I can set anything from 50% to 100%:

If You don’t have the option of manual control then try to update the software or set a lower temperature at which fan run at 100% (or set it up directly in BIOS).

Also, since Your PC case is quite unusual, You can try full manual control with something like this:
http://www.lamptron.com/Products/fancontroller/97.html

@MentalAttack yes the problem was fixed earlier this autumn, as per my previous post from August (quote from above in this thread)

I had the very same problem and I’ve made PC upgrade. I installed new RAM and SSD, also I’ve reinstated Windows. One of these measures helped. I don’t know which one. On the other hand, now I have almost new PC and I can play Overwatch without problems. I was so happy about it I’ve even ordered Overwatch boost and now I have brand new Reaper. And now I can kick some ass, lol. It helps when you boost your computer to win almost any PVP. Because most of your rivals are using old PCs.

@BaronSamedi that’s great! As I wrote earlier in this post, after some troubleshooting I noticed the problem was due to overheating of my GPU. I cleaned it out and applied new thermal paste and the problem got fixed.

Turned out it was a quirk of the Dell BIOS version I had, to automatically nerf everything when detecting higher temps. A good feature, but a pop-up warning from the Bios or the OS or something would have helped!

With issue being solved, i’ll lock this topic.

//Mod

1 Like