Game survey? Whats the point of the forums then

Is it just me or does it seem abit useless to have an entire “beta feedback” forum, if you plan to use a survey anyway where you want us to elaborate on each question, many of which have already been posted here on the forums?

This seems like a lazy way of just dismissing any feedback from the forums in regard to saving labour.

A lot of people may not be connected on the forum or Discord and so it’s an overall a good way to gather data from those who are not apart of the forum or Discord. I can assure you they’re not dismissing any feedback the community managers are hard at work going through the forums reading the feedback. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@ Yunojelly The survey is a good and fast way to get answers on specific topics without the need of going through an inmens ammount of data with a lot of unnecessary clutter (like the forum) that you have to filter for the proper info.
This way all the data is clear and saves a lot of time so avalanche can act on this in the shortest possible time.This has nothing to do with lazy, just a very time efficient way of collecting feedback about the beta test.

1 Like

I totally get the labour aspect of having a survey.

As the developers are in control of the questions at hand, but that has a caveat.

Not all of the questions the developers come up with are represented as they are on the forums.

Some of which are very important for the health of the game.

I understand that, but thats not the point. Ofcourse they monitor the forums for other ideas, question or issues, the survey is just to have fast access to information in one file

1 Like

Pronto pretty much hit the nail on the head with his first reply, it’s mainly due to the fact that a large bulk of our testers from Closed Beta likely don’t use our forums.

Forums for the most part tend to attract the top few percent of the super-dedicated, this is awesome for us to get good quality feedback due to the long-form format, and ability to reply etc. but we still need to try and reach those who don’t engage here. :slight_smile:

Survey feedback doesn’t (and will not) “replace” forum feedback, it’s really just a way to make sure we don’t miss hearing from those more casual players.

I actually like the Survey as it helped guiding my thoughts and most points I wanted to mention got asked in the Survey anyway (do you guys have some psychic abilities to read ones mind? xD).

Also like the little surprise at the end.