Gamebreaking sprinting bug (Unable to sprint)

Bought the game only last week for Xbox1 and unfortunately having major issues with this sprinting bug. Currently none of the workarounds mentioned (i.e. switching guns and jumping etc.) seem to resolve the issue. Really hope this one get resolved because i’m looking forward to sinking more hours into this game…sadly exploring the map and combat is a proving to be a nightmare due to the current bug.

It’s this one for me - I got the issue too, and this description is the only reproducible cause I can find. Not sure if it’s the only cause for this problem, but it’s the one I trigger the most.

I have only been playing this for a month…(i do love it btw)…and bought it for both the PS4 Pro and Xbox one X…i have been experiencing the robot bodies floating away, screen tearing, floating lanterns, flickering of certain objects, larger robots glitching into houses, framerate issues, and the most annoying…the running/sprinting glitch…all happened in both consoles. I hope an update is being worked on and released soon…until then i guess i will wait…Thanks in advance.

I have almost the same exact character build as you and this happens to me constantly. Every time I play actually. Not right away, but as my game time progresses it gets worse. Jumping fixes it for a while until eventually nothing works and I have to restart the game

Edit: I am playing on Xbox. And I also regularly use the AG4

I’m not sure what they are doing to this game. Mine also stopped running, and no mater what key I try to bind to, nothing. This was a fun game, but is now not even worth running. Great job devs.

seems like a really rare bug. have you tried the common fixes such as jumping the sprinting. quitting to main menu?

Also have you checked if your character is over encumberd. If you carry too much stuff and break the weight limit, you can no longer, run, or fast travel. Even more you can no longer move.

It does stick, and yes there are times when you cannot run despite having stamina and health.

I’ve always put it down just to game design not being able to keep up, much like weapon swap, selecting a quick slot item, and ESPECIALLY ads after switching gun sometimes it does nothing.

That said, you could just be carrying too much. Look into a Mule if this is the case.

Hey i have had this problem, ran into wall with the bike, can no longer sprint. Could you please fix this devs?

It has nothing to do with over the weight limit. Have tried all sorts of other keys. I do not use the wsdf keys as I use keys on the right hand side of the keyboard…The game worked fine until the update where the bots were over powered. I thinks I can use the left shift key for sprint, but that is not how I play games on the keyboard. No other game has stopped allowing key changes.

This bug is still there almost a year later.

Make sure your backpack isn’t to heavy

This issue is over 2 years old and was reported before the inventory system was changed.

Please don’t necro old threads.

//Mod