Gas resistance feature bug

So aparently gas resistance perks from Armor (10%) + Chemist (10%) + Gas Mask equipped (20%) in total of 40 gas ressistance works on gas in bunkers and gas from exploded gas tanks but not on poison gas canisters nor the gas from mortal that hunters use or tanks / harvesters use, shouldn´t they work the same ? Like it is the same poisonous gas.

There are different gases in the game.
Yellow gas from the canisters and in rooms, green gas from most capable machines and the purple gas.

Well, I don’t really know if the purple gas, as I know it, is still in the game, as I haven’t seen it for a great while. The first time I met an Apocalypse Harvester he spreaded purple explosive gas, which had one good side effect: when throwing a grenade into the gas cloud it exploded and did a great amount of damage to all machines inside the cloud.

Additionally to the gas there is a radiation cloud from apocalypse machines.

Different damage values are done by them, but I agree that they all should be affected when wearing gas resistance apparel.

In my opinion selecting a gas mask still is a too long process. There should be a quick selection button for it, either to change the head mounted apparel or to use a new gas mask equipment.

1 Like

Totally agree, but these base gas resistance perks seems to be just waste of points at this point because It will not protect you from damage or I don´t see point of that + there should be 3 types of gas mask. Worn Gas Mask, Regular gas mask and upgrade one (should be new design on that one)

The question is:
What do you or do we expect from a gas mask?

• Should it just reduce the taken damage by a specific degree constantly?

• Or should it make us invulnerable against gas for a specific amount of time (depending on quality of gas mask and type of gas)?

The first option would be an argument for gas masks as apparel. Wear it and you just suffer reduced damage over time if you’re in gas.

The second option goes more in the direction how CoD Warzone 2 is using gas masks, which I like. Means, gas masks are an item which is there in different qualities and which is just usable for a specific amount of time in gas or to save you against a specific amount of gas-damage.
As there are so many places where you can find or get gas masks, this option would be good. Finally a sense for picking up more than one gas mask… And for a need of being able to get more than one.

1 Like

Ok we should make an topic about this if you want, this topic was created for bug report for the gas resistance :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Gas Masks can only protect against inhaled gases for a while, but not against chemical or poisonous gases that some of the machines use, those gases will also be absorbed through the skin. Then you also need protective clothing. Also when the gas clouds are big there might be less oxygen which can be translated in health damage.

I don’t think there anything wrong with how these gas masks work for this game. In reality once you take damage from chemical and poisonous gas you can’t simply run away from the gas and be ok again without any damage.

Just wear the mask (it’s apparel) all the time, if you think it takes to long.

1 Like

Would be a possibility, but I prefer to have a clear view instead. For now I never use a gas mask and try to avoid coming into gas.

I used it more at the beginning, where you had to enter rooms with gas inside… Or when I met the first hunters with gas grenades.

1 Like

Take into consideration that in the bunker there are high concentrations of gas, on the outside when hunter shoots gas grenade from mortal there is be less concentration of that gas, so it should not damage player more than in the indoor.

Basically, you can do without the gas mask. I don’t use a gas mask either. Effectively, I don’t see a difference in what causes the damage, gas or bullets, just have enough medkits available, and avoid damage in general the best you can.

Maybe instead of changing the damage intake to less damage from gas from machines outside, they should increase the damage for gas indoors. Because, I hate to see the game getting easier and easier.

2 Likes