Gen Zero Gun Levels

Try it out??? I have the 4* which does a pretty good job, and I’ll keep going until I find one! Thanks for the offer, but lend… :))

Of course I’ll accept your friendship in both Steam and Discord. On Discord I’m Bootie76 (which is when I joined the Bootnecks).

Cannot find you zhen please add me zhen. GrimReaperYinglet#5107

@bootie I almost thought your name meant you owned a Chevy or liked chevys like me lol

Thx, that’s very interesting. I will read once more the wiki now. There is no damage drop with distance at all? By intuition I thought it was, and haven’t done any tests, so I will do some (when back from holidays, no PC here). One can shoot into a car at a long range and a short range (not too close however XD) and count the number of bullets to explode it. (Not relevant to buckshot and birdshot because of the spread.)

I have already done some experiments counting bullets when shooting at the electric boxes at the houses with a Klaucke using different ammo types. But I do not know if it can be transferred to tank: do an electric box have an armour or not? Same for a car?

Royal Marines refer to themselves as “Booties”. “They promise us helicopters and lorries, but it always ends up as Bootie yomps!”

1 Like

I’ve not actively tested if there’s damage falloff with distance, but I’ve seen zero evidence that there is. I have, however, clocked the time it takes for a round to hit after firing it, and that scales linearly with distance, so I am fairly certain they aren’t modeling drag on the bullet, which is what actually causes the damage falloff IRL.

No air resistance modelling, ok. However the game knowing the shooting distance could (or not) apply to the damage a factor less than 1.00

Could be cause there are barrel mods to add velocity

Yep, the barrel extension needs to be tested as well, and the suppressor either. Shooting at a car and counting bullets. And the compensator.

1 Like

At least the suppressor doesn’t do a negative on damage so I like how they’re walking from other devs misunderstandings of suppressors in GZ.

Grant you the suppression is still unrealistically quiet but I like how it doesn’t change much in game ballistics is all.

Actually, they do reduce damage, but it’s a small enough amount it usually doesn’t do enough for you to notice. Single shots from a 4-crown AG 4 can kill a prototype runner if you hit the fuel tank, but it takes two shots if you have a suppressor. Similar for the 5-crown HP 5, though that takes 2 and 3 respectively.

1 Like

Are you sure about it? I presumed from the beginning that the suppressors lowered the damage, as irl. NB They should diminish the recoil as well, imo.

In the games inventory it doesn’t show a decreased bar. It could very well be at a 0.0# for all I know .

I used a purple tier G3 and than received a Gold tier G3 last week. I ran with the purple for a great deal. And finding a fresh bot I haven’t previously killed has been tough but all previous killed runners it takes 1 shot to the tank. This is me usually shooting them at the side only cause I tend to hit their guard plates off before I hit their tanks with the assault rifles on semi shot.

Try primarily to shoot them at the side to see if I’m wrong or right.

Detection is cut in half it feels like with a suppression. I like that.

*It’s also been a great deal of time since I found a purple barrel mod and I’m using since then too. So if I’m wrong I apologize for misconceptions

Almost forgot don’t forget the two types of ammo as well. I primarily use AP and go out of my way to get them by grabbing ammo cans. I used fmj on tanks after I snipe their guns and front armor plating off

Really? I use a .270 to snipe Beacons. Now, it takes one shotgun blast (which at close range is the same damage bar as the .270) at close range to explode it.

So at 300 metres, how come it takes 20 x .270s to do the same thing?

1 Like

That’s curious, anyway this fandom data. A dilapidated shotgun damage 10, a dilapidated hunter rifle 13, a dilapidated moller 4. As far as I know a combat shotgun buckshot is loaded with 9 pellets of 8-9 mm, that means something like 9 pistol bullets (see Wikipedia combat shotgun). At close range (without the spread effect) is it consistent with the Fandom statistics?

Long ago since I used .270 but are you sure every 20 shots are direct hits from 300m? If so it would be nice to know how many hits with. 270 you need to destroy the beacon up close to compare.

Two issues with this assesment:

• It takes multiple .270 shots at close range to destroy a relay beacon. At least 2 IIRC, possibly more (been too long since I tried). So the relative damage is demonstrably inconsistent across weapon types (not just based on this, but on other things too).
  • Are you 100% certain all of those shots hit? Relay beacons don’t do a good job of reliably giving visual feedback that a shot hit, and 300m is, I believe, past the rendering distance for particle effects anyway. That, combined with the small target, means that it’s hard to be certain if every shot hit.

Now, on my side, I’ve shot FNIX runners from almost 600m away (literally right near the max render distance, and one .270 shot still reliably destroys the weapon, or the armor plating, or the fuel tank at that range.

Sweden never used combat shotguns. The military used and uses for shooting animal and breeching Doors. And buckshot depending on type can have between 8-27 pellets. Maybe even more. And in sweden we mostly hunt birds and small game with shotguns. Nothing bigger than roe deer. So in my experience large buckshot is uncommon here. And I think the devs just taken an averege buckshot for model. And the same for birdshot.

Unless I’m mistaken, based on the casings that come out, I’m pretty sure the shotgun shells in game are 2.75 inches long, so standard 12-guage shells, and I’d guess given what’s typically hunted with shotguns in Sweden, it’s probably 30 grain pellets for the buckshot (so, for lead shot, probably 7mm diamete). Now, that translates to a lot more pellets than the #00 or #0 shells you’re referring to (which are 54 grain and 49 grain pellets at 8.38mm and 8.13mm respectively), but each pellet will hurt less.

.32 ACP, in comparison, is 60-70 grain and just short of 8mm.

Based on this, if you ignore spread but factor in enough ballistics to account for air resistance (which I’m still not convinced the game accounts for) and assume a range of roughly 25m (the effective max range for the Möller, and a reasonable effective max range for a 2.75 inch shot shell with buckshot), those numbers actually do make some sense (the .32 ACP will be carrying a lot more energy than each individual shot pellet at that range because of a far better ballistic coefficient, even for JHP rounds, and even though the muzzle velocity for the shot shell is significantly higher (.32 ACP is about mach 0.85, 12-guage buckshot is about mach 1.15).

Note, however, that the numbers the wiki lists are based on what the game itself lists. For about a month after launch, there were actual pips for individual points of damage just like they do for XP, so you could count off exact damage for each weapon.

1 Like