Generation Zero after FNIX Rising

So, the monthly update thing has ended, for now anyway.
PC players seem to have very little to complain about at this point, is my impression at least.
Console players are still waiting for the DLC/update, and still struggling with the notorious april update. I gotta say I admire your resilience. I tried the april version for just a few hours, and quickly decided to wait for the update before playing more. Luckily I’m on PC and the wait wasn’t very long. Console players will probably have waited 1/3 of a year for a new update, if it’s ready on the august schedule.
I can at least say to the console players that the wait is worth it. The PC version is now more stable than it has ever been, and the new features are amazing. Some of you will probably have adapted to the april '20 difficulty, and hopefully the hardcore players won’t think the game is too easy once that gets amended. I roam around on Skirmish when I play solo, and I think that difficulty’s fine. It’s the closest to the game’s original difficulty, but I know I have the Guerilla option whenever I want a challenge.
Anyway, I hope the new console version works flawlessly when it’s out. :slight_smile:

So maybe the PC players will have to answer this, but where do we go from here?
Are you still experiencing serious bugs? And are monthly updates necessary from now on?
Could the game finally be close to reaching the point where the devs can focus more on creating new content, rather than playing whack-a-mole with bugs?
I believe we’re getting there. My game works, and it’s mostly bug-free as far as I can see. Then again, there have been countless bugs reported on this forum that I have never experienced. Works for me doesn’t equal works for everybody. I realize that. But I’m curious about what you think? :slight_smile:

Are you still having problems that need to be fixed?

What new content would you like to see?

2 Likes

I have definitely adapted to the april difficulty and will miss those annoying little machines. And i am glad to hear guerilla is now not an insta-kill with everything.
I personally Want to give the devs a break after this cuz they have been working there socks off trying to get this out for consoles.

2 Likes

The bugs I experiene are usually of the funny sort, mostly buggy machines. A giggle now and there is always welcome.
Since my schedule allows me to play GZ only once per week I usually play for 3-4 hours and it seems that after ~2-2.5 hours some sounds get lost. Reloading gets quieter and sometimes hunter stand right behind me and cut me down without any noise. But that’s very rare. All in all I agree that the game is way more stable and playable nowadays.

The thing I really want is an improved inventory management. Sortable inventory, no icon reload when scrolling, attachments inside the Plundra should show if and where they are attached. This could be the same for ammo.
A skill point for completing a story mission line would also be very welcome (that would it less painful to waste precious skill points on useless skills just to reach a desired one. Maybe prestige points can be exchanged for skill points. Not 1:1 but some other ratio like 20:1 or so.

3 Likes

@Admiralgamer I agree the devs deserve a break when they manage to land the console update. In terms of vacation, I’m guessing most of them are already done with that, or they’re at it right now. I can imagine a change in pace in the development would feel like a break in it’s own way. Like being able to focus on development instead of bug-stomping has to be a reward in itself. :slight_smile:

@knobitobi So good to read that it’s not just me who has way too little time for gaming. :wink:
A few glitches here and there don’t bother me at all. Some players see a frozen enemy, a terrain hole or a bush clipping through a car as “immersion breaking”, but I don’t mind. I know other, very devoted players are reporting it, and the devs fix it when they can prioritize it. What really bothers me is if the game crashes. GZ crashed more frequently earlier on. There was especially a period around new year when it constantly crashed. It got fixed, and now my game only crashes occasionally. Don’t know why though, and frustrating as it is, it always happens in the worst possible moments, like when you have defeated an Apoc tank or three, or maybe a rival, the game tends to crash just as you’re on your way over to loot them! I hope this problem can be completely eliminated in the future.

I hope they’re able to keep us fed with small pieces of new content on a regular basis, in between the bigger DLC’s. I’m that kind of player who needs something new to do every now and then. Simply grinding, grinding, grinding for hundreds of hours, that’s not my style. :slight_smile:

3 Likes