Generation Zero Celebrates 2nd Anniversary with Free Steam Weekend & New Surprises Ahead in Year 3!

I don’t recognize the terrain. Are we gonna explore a new island?

Either that, or Himfjäll gets a serious overhaul (which it doesn’t need IMO). It could be overhauled Mountains region too though. :thinking:

why isn’t anyone celebrating the update? I’m throwing confetti and dancing with a party hat on screaming: “HOOORA HOOORA”

2 Likes

Obviously I’m the only one not celebrating. Tbh I’m a bit baffled. To me base building in an open world with such a large map doesn’t seem logical to me. And since I hate wave based fights with a passion (no intelligent aggressor would attack in waves… 10 soldiers first… then another 10 soldiers… then…) I think I skip this content.

I hope, this is not the only major thing in the upcoming April update.

10 Likes

The fine thing about the new features of GZ up until now, is that they’ve all been optional to make use of. I’m betting the base building is also completely optional to engage in. The wave defense events I would bet are also triggered when or if you want, like at a FMTEL station or something. :thinking:

I was never the one to vote for base building in GZ, but I will of course try it out and see how well it works. :slightly_smiling_face:

…BTW, am I the only one who’s sad the 80’s are over? :cry:

5 Likes

I don’t know what I saw and I don’t know whether I’m excited or caught in a storm, but that trailer did the job… It did the job really well. Whatever it is, without the specifics, it already sold itself to me :smiley:

Seriously, the editing and final panel (thumbnail) are just eye-candy. Big props to the editors.

Other than that, I feel like I’m interested to stay in the loop and see how this gets implemented, so maybe I could reignite that spark I had about GZ. Always hopeful about this game :smiley:

5 Likes

As long as you allow us to craft mines, I’m all for this update! :wink:

3 Likes

Looks great. Love to see what creative content you are bringing to us. :+1:

1 Like

I agree the trailer seems interesting. Now I just hope the new content shown in the trailer is good, like being more then just loot guns from machines and google recipe locations.

1 Like

I don’t think the Russians is about to invade Østertørn. I think that they just took a wrong turn on their way to Poland and ended up in Sweden by mistake. Just like the Russian Submarine S-363 did in 1981. Honest mistake :wink:

4 Likes

That sounds terrible to me :laughing:
I really hope to get some surprises on March 26 :grin:

1 Like

Oh man I read about that Submarine! Run aground which started the Submarine hunt movement in Sweden.

2 Likes

This update sounds crazy dope. 3 questions I have is, are their goin to be more Russian guns implemented, since they seem to have more of a presence now? Are there going to be knew experimental weapons? Are there going to be knew bots/knew bot variations?

But, on a side note, cant wait to start building bases and exploring thats aspect of the game.

2 Likes

Wow I’m so excited! Base building looks epic!

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Plans for base building?

And what about this graffiti? Can we have this stencil? Asking for a friend.

That would be an awesome stencil. Maybe we could get it from a mission.

1 Like

I’m not sure about the last part but they say something like “prepare for phase two” or something like that.

Yeah, thats essentially what they are saying.