Generation Zero: Customisable Difficulties

We have already 3 Difficulties, but only 1 optional Difficulty that increase the amount of Machines depending how many Players are on the Server. Some GZ Veteran Players like me have already the issue to be bored and want more spicy challenge. Even the Spice on top of the Spice. Adding more optional Difficulties like increasing the aggressiveness of the machines (Meaning that no machine wait anymore on the first machine that attack you or Co-Player. So every machine attacks you once get in position) would be a revolutionary Idea and would give more taste. What do you think about? What kind of Optional Difficulty you also want to add?

1 Like

I like you’re thinking on this issue. But why not replace this method with the basic difficulties now? Adventure stays the same, skirmish adds the more machines targeting and firing at the same time at the nearest target. That way a machine in co-op will target other players that the machine is closest to.
Then guerilla difficulty adds something like machine swarms or those big battles where a lot of machines join in and the Soviet attack players instead of the Sweden machines. Or when machines spot players the machines from the whole region start moving towards those locations. Players destroy the machines they reach and the machine lose the positions of the players but continue to last known location till sensor contact is made with players. Machines will use their long-range weapons at a longer distance when player location is known by the region machines. Another on/off toggle could be the whole health thing. Every time you have to use an adrenaline shot, or spawn to a safehouse to replace health, the loot pool drops till there is nothing to loot from the region. That could be for a solo player health or the whole co-op squad that is playing on the map.

1 Like

Finally, if you look at the circumstances, GZ in total is too easy.

Why?

There are almost none penalties.

(I remember, I wrote some day something about that)… There it is:

Let me quote myself:

If we fail, we may die, but who cares?
Yes, sometimes we even chose to let them kill us or to suicide. Why? Because we can! Penalty? None! (in most cases)
After a hard battle, you’re overemcumbered, don’t want to throw something away, don’t want to walk to the next plundra/recycling station, have no bike/motorbike nearby? Just die and respawn where you want.
You don’t want to spend your rare adrenaline shots or don’t want to retreat to restock, because you ran out of them? Just die and respawn where you want.
The fact is: there is no penalty for this descition.
At least in most cases, because the machines do remember the battles.

Some of them may become rivals if they kill you. Ok, one more to hunt, maybe even for better loot.
A disarmed or damaged machine stays in this state. Return, continue fighting and finish them.
There is just one exception:
A base assault! If you die during a base assault and respawn somewhere (not use adrenaline) the “mission” aborts, the base may get repaired or even get a new level. All the effort for nothing. A painful penalty for those who just failed (no more adrenaline, no more ammo,…), but should be ok for those, who just were “too lazy”.

Let’s discuss, what a realistic penalty may be to make it worth and challenging to survive.

Losing equipment (random weapon, item, ammo from inventory)?
losing skill points or command tokens?
losing ressources (uranium!)
losing a safehouse or control point?
what else? Should it depend on the characters level?

Nothing to add.
Well, maybe just one thing. There is a penalty for losing a base defense, too: you have to capture the control point and built a base again.

Btw, the “losing equipment” idea as penalty for dying could make it more worth to pick up and store some more weapons. Or on the other hand: to make use of all that you have and not just your primary setup.

1 Like

I hate penalties… it really feels like i’m going backwards when i die.

1 Like

Maybe “penalty” is even the wrong word.
It’s about losing something, so that you feel encouraged to get it back.

There is penalty. Escape or lost combat gives you very reduced XP amount. What then is even lower when converted to region threat level, 25% your XP contributes to threat level.

1 Like

Thx, I didn’t know that.
But to be true, it doesn’t matter much to me.
I’m not the one who counts XP or region score points.
On the other hand it would be good to know what effects a fight have.

As a suggestion:
At the end of a fight (no matter which result) there should be shown all scores that changed, not just the XP you got.

Would make it ways more understandable.

Negative side: more information on screen, fans of a cleared HUD wouldn’t like it.

So a configurable HUD would also make sense… Also as a feature for higher difficulty. Without ammo count and healthbar it would be quite different.

1 Like

This could be a solution i agree, but the major problem is that the community is without to offense them…very mixed. i think we need something versatile that gives the Major GZ players a little bit of control how they want to play. To be honest the basic difficulties can stay how he is. That’s why i had suggest to add more optional difficulties so you can play on multiples ways you want in whatever difficulty. It’s a Win-Win for every one.

agree! It would be more challenge and enjoyable for us Indeed and even if it sounds frustrated, where is then the Adrenaline if you have no risk to lose something by doing a false Step?

1 Like

Penalties for dying makes me less likely to play. Because i die so much.

You would start sucking at dying so much cause you will have a reason not to verses it has no meaning now. Not a penalty if you get to regain 20% health or spawn at a safehouse for 100% health. My GF likes to destroy herself at times just to get more loot to her locker to the point she can’t move without dying.

Maybe we can help you improving your playstyle?

Well, of course sometimes it’s just as it is. I don’t know if it’s intended, but sometimes I really die often, too… Especially if I have too many adrenalines with me. So I reduced the amount in my backpack to just 3-5. I died less often and even found more adrenaline in loot.

But first we should know your character.
Which level are you?
Are you doing the story missions?
In which region are you currently?
Which skills do you have?
Which weapons do you have/use?
Have you already crafted some apparel for having more resistances? Which resistances?

As it’s offtopic, it would be good to have an own topic somewhere to discuss about that and to give you some advices.

1. Keep on moving
  2. Target the machines components to maximize damage and to disable abilities (weapons, armor, selfrepair, tickpods).

I don’t think penalties would stop me dying, just make me less interested in trying again. Its a game not a life choice.

I’m currently level 11 i believe.

Yes i’m following all the story missions and any side missions i stumble on.
Right at the end of the islands. i believe i’m at a safe house with an fighter jet in it.

I have all my bag space skills and some others like gas resist and lockpicks and some XP skills etc.

Currently use my DLC Bow, DLC 9mm silenced pistol, DLC RPG, 3 crown AG4 silenced and the DLC Russian sniper silenced, I was using the DLC russian SMG but it did poor damage.

I use the homing turrets and machine gun turrets for Rivals etc but i’ve run out now. I use the DLC remote ticks for radar towers mostly. helps a lot.

Yes mostly bullet damage so far 7-10%

Asötugan Outpost?
Where the first motorbike is.
Some barricades outside with a few runners and a small camp on top.

Then you’re right before a descition… Where do you plan to go next?

Instead of the Kotenok I’d suggest to use the Älgstudsare. If you haven’t got one yet, you could also use a good Meusser.

What about a kpist?

You should also try to use distractions. Flares, radios, fireworks. They can really save your ass if it’s going to wild.

I only have 2 crown kpist and a grey Meusser, i’ve never seen that Älgstudsare… Everytime i deploy a distraction the enemies instantly see me and shoot as soon as i deploy them… so i gave up on flares fireworks and such they get me killed… they shoot me as soon as i ignite a flare even before i throw it. like aimbots.

Probably great in a group but a death sentence solo.

I’m sorry to say I can’t agree with that. I’m experiencing them as great help always.
Who knows what’s the reason…

It is Great help. But Mad, you can’t fairly compare @PocketYoda with you, an end-game player. He’s level 11 which means he hasn’t got all 31 skills equipped yet that would help him to be better equipped for the fight. He also hasn’t, I’m guessing, upgraded his clothing for more stealth or fire resistance and such. :coffee:

When I (endgame player) go prone, for instance, I almost never get spotted, as long I don’t engage them.

1 Like

No, of course you’re right.
Nevertheless, even if I use my 4th character, if I throw a flare or fireworks for example, the machines are distracted from me for a short while. That helps taking them out.

But I agree, fights became harder.

I don’t know why they go hostile as soon as i ignite my stuff… I’ve seen youtube videos where people are throwing stuff willy nilly… no issues. Me i’m like ignite, hostile and they are shooting… Flare arrows seem to work for me though weirdly.