Generation Zero Time ?s

• Is GZ on real time, i.e. 1 hour of real time = 1 hour of game time, or what?
  • Does time pass in game when you are out of the game, i.e. if you log out at game mid day and log back in 6 real time hours later, is it still mid day in game, or what?
  • Is there any way to tell the exact time in the game?
1 Like
  1. No, it’s not on real time. 4 real time hours = 24 ingame hours (1 day)
  2. If you close the game the current ingame time is saved and after reloading your save you continue exactly at this time.
  3. During day point your weapon at the sun (don’t do this in real life) and have a look at the compass. The sun rises in the east (6 AM) and sets in the west (6 PM). So if the sun is in the south-east it’s 9 AM. The same goes for the moon. Moon in the south-east means 9 PM.
4 Likes

Thank you, @knobitobi ! (I deleted my reply to OP because it didn’t have all the answers.)

1 Like

How does in game time work versus fast travel? Will it be “instant” or will in game time be affected by some factors? For instance longer distances will render more time passing!?

1 Like

As far as I know you’re transported instantly. But I never measured it. It’s just that I fast traveled so often from one side of the map to the other without recognizing any time shift (e.g. switch from day to night).

Thanks, that will help me a lot so I can plan my in game time.

I prefer to sneak around, scavange and explore at night, and seek out combat or do base defense in the day.

Same here. The machines probably think: “Oh no, sunrise. We’re doomed! :scream:” :joy:

1 Like

Could be why they turn and run at times in a fire fight and you have to chase after them.