German Weapons Pack

If there just would be an old (fits in 80s) german weapon which is still modern and even famous… Like the MP5. Oh wait…

1 Like

Or maybe the MG3 ? At least it would fit better than the MG42 from WW II even though they’re actually the same weapon with just some modifications to the MG3 to e.g. reduce the cadence.

And the G3 is already in the game, too, as AG4…

Btw I’d really like to see the G3 SG1 sniper variant ingame.
But with better stats as the Kotenok (SVD) or S21 (M14) as both of these are definitely subpar…

1 Like

Yes, of course. Didn’t mention it, because it’s really out of date, compared to the MP5. At least from german point of view.

Or fubar…

So you think that a couple of German ww2 machineguns exist on a small swedish island (very small island). That are in good shape and have spare parts, And that hasnt been found by police yet.

Roflmao, you say this, but there’s still OG AK47s out there that work very well. You should never assume that someone has the same skills, or is the same skill level, as you have. And before you get irritated at me, I was just pointing out that there is always a way you can explain something into a story if you’re writing.

I agree with this. It would be VERY cool if there were more quests that were specifically targeted to go after some of these weapons. An example of this would be the quest that gets you the gold AK, first time my friends and I found that, we were ecstatic. Having some of these things dropping in the loot is fun, but personally I’d like to see them integrated into the story line, just like the AK, which would help players to get the weapons they are after, and help introduce them to weapons that they might not normally use.

1 Like

I’m sure you’re already aware of this, but you can do this to a small degree with the 4-8x scope and putting the weapon on single shot (and, yes, I understand it’s not the same. Just pointing it out as that’s how I use the AG4.)

That being said, I DEFINITELY would not be dissatisfied with getting other variations of some of the existing weapons. Experimental weapons are great, but there’s so many things they still could do with the existing weapons in the game. One cool example, off the top of my head, would be to use the quality system to do this. Have the grey weapon as the bare bones version with the ability to customize, and have each upgraded quality offer new features that were not available on the previous quality, but do accessories that we can’t change out, like a laser sight, fore grip, customized pistol grip, heavier barrel that helps with the recoil, a better stock that absorbs more recoil, etc, etc.

Well, it’s a scaled down Sweden, so if you could find them in Sweden, then you could probably find them in scaled-down Sweden as well.

OTOH I am not fan of adding more guns, I would say there is already too many of them, but that’s just my opinion.

I see two possible directions if I designed this game - either keep the amount of weapon types on minimum to make it more “survival oriented” or add (like in real life) tons of different weapons where you simply don’t care (like Uncharted)

Scaled down Swedish nature, not the entire country and all of the weapons stored. Do you think we all have MG42:s in every house?

Personally I don’t care if there are more weapons packs as long as they are an option. I’ve stopped buying them since they water down the loot pool of the base game weapons. And I rather have a base game weapo than an M16 or Stg44. Fits better with the story.

1 Like

Well we do have the kvm 89 wich is a American weapon so i dont get your point we have soviet and American weapons in this game Germans make sense too they were created before the 1980s

But soviets and Nato (us) have a part in the story.
Germany doesn’t, except the newspapers here and there that tell us about the fall of Berlin wall.

we need more weapons, just like iphones need more cameras, :rofl: more weapon packs please,

Going back to the start, I have to point out; the Drilling is not JUST a shotgun. It has three barrels—with one of them being in a different caliber, and rifled! The Drilling is a rare sort of weapon, a combination gun! A double-barrel shotgun, AND a rifle, in one weapon! So, not only does it check off the “double-barrel, break-action shotgun” but it also checks off the “hunting rifle” box. It’d be adding a new shotgun, and a new high-power hunting rifle, with just a single weapon! Big bang for the buck. These were very luxurious hunting weapons, which just sort of wound up being adopted by the Germans as air crew survival weapons for use in North Africa…partly because Goring was a fan of hunting. Such a weapon would be a highly coveted firearm by hunters, and by historians or veterans alike.

As for German weapons in general in Sweden, especially weapons used during WWII…how far away is Finland, again? And Norway? Oh, they share borders? So, CLOSE? And both Finland and Norway saw German occupation or were allied with Germany for a short while? And we have mention in the game of Swedes going to fight in Finland against the Soviets back in the day, already? So, I really don’t think some old German equipment making it back to Sweden is as far-fetched as some of you guys like to think… Really, all kinds of WWII-era stuff could be neatly packed away, well protected from the ravages of times and the elements…or even older stuff, like somebody else recently suggested the WWI-era Lewis gun.

The mere existence of the Sjoqvist (Sjogren) semi-automatic shotgun in the game, currently, sort of supports the possible existence of plenty of other old-as-heck weapons in the world, which we just haven’t seen creep out of the woodwork yet. The Sjogren just got lucky and made the cut for the game, because it’s a local boy.

Barbarharian has pointed out that it would be possible that we could be introduced to certain weapons—we could call them “unique” as a new quality tier—through story missions, side missions, etc, instead of them just being added to loot pools. Others have mentioned before that this sort of thing is exactly how the US/NATO DLC weapons should have been added, too, by the way. “Unique” weapons could be equivalent to Gold/5C, and just have no lower quality versions to collect. Just the one—hence, unique… Maybe they could still be “traded” in co-op, even duplicated because of that damn loophole and the glitch that exists—but no need to worry about that, right?

Such a pack wouldn’t have to just include old stuff, though. Could add new stuff. Or, well, somewhat newer stuff compared to the 1940s, at least.

The HK VP70M would be most fitting, I think. A machine-pistol that was made with the idea of staving off the threat of Soviet invasion during the 70s, suddenly released from German supplies to be dropped into Ostertorn to help any resistance fight off the combined rogue machine hordes… The VP70M is capable of semi-auto and three-round-burst, with 18 round magazines, using standard 9x19mm Luger/Parabellum/NATO ammunition—so, no need for a new ammo type. The burst mode is limited, and not usable with the pistol alone; to engage the burst mode, a detachable shoulder stock which doubles as the pistol’s holster must be fitted—the guts that make the burst mode function are fixed inside the stock, at the point where it connects to the pistol below and behind the pistol’s slide. Without the stock fitted, the pistol is limited to semi-auto only. The VP70 has a plastic/polymer lower frame, similar to the Glock/Klaucke 17 already featured in the game; the VP70 pre-dates the Glock as a polymer framed pistol, even though the Glock was the gun that made the polymer frame famous and accelerated that modern trend towards lighter weight and more modern materials. The VP70 has been featured in a few different games, including Resident Evil titles (Leon’s original weapon, and available to him again at several points in later games) and ALIENS: Colonial Marines, along with a few others.

Others have already mentioned the MG3, which has seen use in a number of countries other than just Germany. The MG3 is basically just a modernized MG42, with I think a reduced rate of fire as one of the main design points. Other main design point is that the MG3 no longer used the MG42’s old WWII-era 7.92x57mm/“8mm Mauser” ammunition—instead, the MG3 was made to use the then-new 7.62x51mm NATO cartridge, which would be one of the rounds the game’s current “generic 7.62mm” represents. In other words, the MG3 would use the same ammo as the KVM-59 (KSP-58), N60 (M60), AG4 (AK4), S21 (M21), etc. So, no need for new ammo.

For you guys talking about the AG4, let me point this out (again): that weapon needs a damage buff, to make it hit like an AK4/G3 really could/would/should. Likewise, the S21 (M21) and Kotenok (SVD) also need damage buffs, so that they can finally hit as hard as they should. The AG4, S21, and Kotenok all should get at least like 25% more damage than they currently do, for a single shot. Popping the fuel cell on a military class Runner at reasonable range should be a one-shot affair with these rifles. I mean, the .44 Revolver can do better than that, and here we are talking about some 7.62mm rifles that can’t do it… If the devs added the G3-SG1, PSG1, or MSG-90, as it is currently, they’d probably end up grossly underpowered, right alongside the current M21 (S21) and SVD (Kotenok), just above the current AK4/G3 (AG4), all underpowered for what they should be… That means no FAL, either, for it would surely be in the same disappointing boat.

As Mad points out, maybe a different, more-inclusive “Western European” pack would be more readily acceptable. More UN/NATO support, hopefully with some lore and missions to help make it more palatable—air dropped supplies, recovery missions, downed supply planes, something like that? Spanish, Italian, British, French, German… That opens up all kinds of broader horizons.

The SPAS-12 semi-automatic shotgun from Italy, the SA-80/L-86/L-86 family of 5.56mm ARs from the UK, plus the L96 7.62mm bolt-action sniper’s rifle—which should already be more or less acceptable for Swede presence, anyway… Maybe a new 5.56mm belt-fed MG from Spain, the CETME AMELI, since we’ve spoken of the MG42 and MG3 several times new? The AMELI is basically a scaled down MG3, from 7.62mm to 5.56mm, still a respectable rate of fire… The AMELI does have something of a stranger, more modern look to it, though. Bit ugly, in my opinion, but it’s really just the stock that is an eyesore…action forward, it’s basically just a little baby MG3/MG42, not bad at all. Plenty of potential for more handguns and SMGs, too. The Italian SITES SPECTRE SMG could bring big standard 50-round quad-stack “coffin magazines” to the mix, for massive firepower in a “small” package, with the Beretta 93R backing it up and adding a three-round-burst machine pistol to the mix…

Again, as several others have now pointed out, I’d love to see more story to back up the presence of new stuff. But, even without that, I’d still like to see new stuff, anyway. Period-correct, preferably, but that can include much older stuff, in my opinion.