Grenade explode in hand

I’ve been trying for the longest time to get a clip of it occurring but it seems to happen at random. The only consistency I notice is that it happens once, and then all throwables afterwards works properly. I speculate it can be reproduced when you first join into the game, or fast travel long distances and haven’t thrown anything.

1 Like

Still happening to me, guys. I need to get a pack of grenades and set out to kill myself with them, on camera…

I was playing yesterday and I threw a grenade, but it exploded in my hand and I died instantly. This happened twice. I am on xbox one so I was just wondering what was wrong.

Topic merged with relevant thread.

//Mod

It´s a one year old bug that is a bit rare to occur, some times It happens to me, it happens on all platforms.

1 Like

I’ve been whining about grenades for well over a year. You should be able to throw them down corridors, but you can’t. It happens to me all the time, even in the open - I like stand-off and non-line-of-sight weapons so I use grenades a lot. Die all the time. I think the DEVs are too busy with other things to look at it. Eventually someone will get round to it. At least I hope so…

I think it’s also the fact that it’s such a random issue, that it is difficult to pinpoint how to replicate it, so it can be fixed.

2 Likes

Overall this issue is a bit annoying, but it’s certainly not game-breaking. The devs should focus on the game crashing instead of this, as I just dont use grenades anymore, so it’s not bad

I’ve been having trouble with grenades
And by that I mean no matter we’re I throw them they will backfire on me
The only way I’ve been able to avoid this is by throwing a grenade then swiping to a weapon before it explodes
Anyone else having this problem?

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

PS4, yes. On and off for several updates. You can see it happen

This issue seems to have been fixed with the Resistance update. I’ve had this issue basically since release, so I was never able to use grenades, but it hasn’t happened for the past few weeks.

I’m very happy to confirm that. Had the same issue since release and since the last update it hasn’t happen once. I tried it several times.

I know @Bootie is an advocate of this issue. Care to check if this happens to you as well?

1 Like

Few days ago, i picked up some grenades to use them to gain access to Iron Church. All grenades worked flawlessly and none exploded in my hand. The few i had remaining, i used in random battle and grenades worked like they were supposed to.