Grenade explode in hand

I’m on PC and playing with an XBOX controller via bluetooth.

I’ve had the same problem over and over again now: I cannot throw grenades!
When I want to throw, my character does the throw animation but the grenade is stuck to my hand. It the explodes on my body and I die instantly. This is so annoying! Is there a fix for this?

Got one plus on this one. However sometimes it works to throw grenades. Its a gamble if my character throws the nade or the ring…

It seems to be the first grenade I throw sticks to me then boom I lose like half my health then I switch and go back and then can throw them again had the same thing happen with flares throw animation but nothing thrown

Haven’t experience this with grenades or flares, but have with compressed gas bottles. I will run up to a tank or harvester after giving him the EMP treatment to place a bottle by his feet. The placement animation runs, but it’s hit or miss whether it will actually drop it or not. Typically I have to do it a second time for it to work.

Ditto when placing a canister down with a radio / boombox for a trap. I place the canister down first, and sometimes it won’t place on the first try, despite the animation playing. At first I thought it was a collision thing with the machines not letting me place, but then I realized it was happening even trying to place one on clear ground.

I’m playing on PC.

I play on PC and Steam - the same thing happened to me just now, so it hasn’t been fixed yet. One in twelve or so grenades just sticks to the hand. I throw and think, “Can’t see that flying - where is it?” and Boom, I’m lying on my back in black and white.

Can we get an acknowledgement on the issue? @Xezr You know how I like grenades!

Y’sure it’s actually sticking to your hand an not getting stuck in branches or bushes or anything? Grenades are solid physics objects like other things in the world. I’ve thrown a lot of grenades in this game and I’ve never had this issue. If anyone can replicate this issue in a video that’d help a lot, I think.

There’s nothing to see!

I was in open country - no bushes, no doorways, nothing. I was standing in the open ground in front of the first Hangar/Safe House, having fun with the resident Tank. There’s nothing there at all.

You press the button to throw, the animation throws, but you cannot see the grenade in flight, which you think is odd and wait to see where it explodes, so you can adjust your aim.

The hand is now holding what should be another grenade, but is actually the same grenade, which explodes after three seconds, taking you out almost completely. I don’t think I have the spare capacity on my system to take videos - I do a clean boot every time I play! And anyway it is not reproduceable, I don’t think, with any degree of certainty. It would need someone like wotsisname Tenebris Absolute or something - he’s called something different on here - begins with a “T” Ternis or something? to try it out until it happened. If he did it in Uttern Bunker, there’s heaps of grenades to use. Give it to him as a mission! I’m sure he’d help out…

It may happen to me because I use grenades a lot - but it has only happened twice, I think. Bloody irritating when it does!

@Xezr I’ve had it happen a few times myself (maybe three or four times with grenades, and once with a flare), but it seems to be an almost completely random occurrence. I actually did try to reproduce it a while back, but had no luck whatsoever.

As mentioned by @Bootie, you go through the animation of throwing the object, but it never leaves your hand for some reason. This also seems (at least to me) to be a distinct issue from the bug reported elsewhere where the grenade gets no forward momentum during the throw and just drops at your feet after what would be the normal travel time (which I’ve also had happen a few times, though not recently).

That was me! I have a surprising number of issues with grenades, considering how much I like them! They may need to check the whole algorithm, which they can do while they add the push./flip function :))