Grg M/49 (Granatgevär M/49) discussion/rant

well… not exactly what i meant the Exp weapons are sort of rewards for defeating rivals so it gotta be attractive to the player/something the want to fight for or work towards
I neither agree or disagree with your statement

(sorry if this comes of as abit passive aggressive I don’t mean it that way)

1 Like

Sir, OP is never good.
The word itself says this: OVERLY powerful.
This simply means these should be lowered to become more balanced with the game.

Simple logics, sir.

Fair enough, they are OP based on the normal weapons, but they are also alot of fun to use
If you think one or more of theExp weapons are to powerful you could make a topic in General Discussion or Feedback/Feature Requests

I did sir, to absolutely no use.
But thank you, sir, much appreciated. :slight_smile:

1 Like

those weapons aren’t op. Try to kill an apo lvl4 rival with just a tier5 weapon then you might change your mind. (ok still easy to do on adventure, but adventure is ment to be easy).

1 Like

I have, I still do, sir, except that I am forced to use the Exp .50, since the 5C is crooked.
And i do that on Gorilla!!!

I thought saying sir was polite but now I’m just confused? And what is the Granatgevär M/49? Is it that new electric gun thing?

try to kill a level 4 apo Tank or harvester with a 5* Grg

this is the Grg, the worst weapon in the game

2 Likes

Yes, this weapon can be disappointing. I use it with electromagnetic ammunition, then attack with m49 or ag4.

Like i said above, it is not the weapon. It is the ammo used with it.

For example: Experimental 12G shotty. If you put Slugs in it, good luck hitting anything with slug rounds. However, if you were to change the ammo to Buck or Bird, then the experimental 12G is quite useful in close-range.

1 Like

well

For that reason I also have a few EMP rounds on me but I have two problems with them.

1. the experimental m49 wastes one round if you don’t interrupt the loading process
  2. the m49 blocks one main weapons slot. I rather use throwable EMP cells, so that I can have a second main weapon.

Yesterday I killed a tank and it had 24 HEDP so I thought I try the m49 again. And oh man was I disappointed. A military hunter survives a double hit of the exp m49 from 5 m distance :open_mouth:. A prototype harvester needs about 10-16 rounds if I remember correct.

Ask devs about why they put HEDP rounds in game and not HEAT rounds.

Talk about ammo, before FR fixed it, there was a way to get chaff rounds, which behaved like your usual HEDP, but better - more damage and better blast radius. They were extremely powerful - one-two shots on FNIX hunter to blow it up on solo Guerilla, around dozen to bring down FNIX Tank.

There still could be a way, given that you still have at least 1 Chaff round. Just load it into m/49 and use Ammo Pack to spawn more. (Haven’t tested it yet though.)

Most likely to weaken a very destructive weapon, miss…

I meant a way of getting new ones.

no, not really.
Keep in mind that HEAT WAS mostly used for TANKS… Hence the name HIGH-EXPLOSIVE-ANTI-TANK rounds…

It will ruin the game, HEAT rounds are extremely powerful yes yes BUT keep in mind that these are ROBOTS, not TANKS. Even just one HEAT round destroys a pretty well armoured tank (if used correctly).

Lets say they add HEAT rounds…now what? You’re able to destroy anything and everything with just 1-4 rounds…there might be fun but no challenge.

2 Likes

A HEAT round… ever seen it’s effect, sir?
Tank or not, it’s DANG destructive…
Not good for game, sir.

That’s just what I said mate…

2 Likes