Guide: "Eagle Eye" challenge

I haven’t fired any gun in real life but in GZ, my furthest kill shots, that i kept track of, are:

1. 278m - .243 s-rifle + 4-8x scope (dropped a runner)
  2. 399m - .243 s-rifle + 6-12x scope (popped a seeker)
  3. 3.05km - .50 cal + 8-16x scope (it was according to the in-game stats. I have no idea who i shot since i didn’t keep track after i got my 399m kill shot done.)
  4. 3.40km - .50 cal + 8-16x scope (current longest distance kill shot according to the in-game stats.)
2 Likes

Wow, aesyle you really a sniper a killshot from 3.5 km is very far. :+1::+1::grinning:

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face:

I prefer playing as a sniper in GZ, which also explains the huge range kill shot(s) i have. And the Eagle Eye challenge was also the first one i completed out of the 5 new challenges in base game.

2 Likes

I like playing sniper too in this beutifull game. I often wearing the apple earpods pro with sound surpressing. The only thing i miss is that i feel the windchill when the wind blows and the smell of the salty air at the sea. I must not have a huge pack of robots. I often went back to Ibboholmen and go on my hunt especially in the night. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Diesels pulled off a 4.6km kill, so if he shares where that spot was - I’ll post it here

1 Like

Hehe this is funny, in my stats I got 716m - I have no clue where, when or what I shot :smiley:

1 Like

Nice guide to T4 achievement ! :+1: It’s odd, even though the marker might say 390 meters, the shot registered for me at 411 meters. :thinking:

2 Likes

Waypoint placement isn’t that accurate, even when completely zooming in on map view. Hence the oddity in meters.

1 Like

Pretty one @Aesyle

for my part I validated my success in this descent near the hotel opposite far away near the car there are 2/3 runners apocalypse 1 shot = 1 dead as we say

The video was not recorded I am disgusted … so I post you a picture of the place

3 Likes

Hehe I deliberately havent clicked this until now.
First I tried to get a Hunter standing at Lennarts Marin but he moved and never came back after I was in position.

I ended up also doing it in Tärnboda but from the other side.

2 Likes

I did try Tärnboda from the left side, starting from the top of the hill but trees got into the way. I gradually moved towards the coast (your position) but trees were constantly on the way. Though, i didn’t go all the way to the coast line (where you’re at) and abandoned the left side, opting to try it from the right side.

2 Likes

Is there currently a way to make the binoculars (with the tech mode on) register distance? I thought I remembered that they have the option but it never shows a number… also, @Aesyle do you have a picture of the outfit you earn from this challenge tree? I haven’t seen it yet.

2 Likes

I think it does have a distance thing but its broken for me, I never use it because it just doesn’t come up, You keep staring for ages and it doesn’t tell you it might be a bug or it take a long time for it to figure out distance :disappointed:

2 Likes

Yes. For that, you need a skill Spotting Intel level 2.

Yes. What i’ve unlocked so far is visible here: New Challenges and hazmat suit

3 Likes

I got 408m with the 6x-12 PVG X, exact spot Aesyle flagged.

2 Likes

1 Like

Stupid runner kept moving on me. I had to go to the end of the dock at Sjotorpet to get range. Also, at what point did they change it to 375m? (i been gone a while)

I think it was Resistance update.

Only the true got it @ 400m

2 Likes

Must have been later.
I had to do it at 400m, too, and it was after resistance update.
Eastern Himfjäll was my place:

Hey that’s not a bad spot at all!

I may even try that for my sons account, nice find.