Gunplay improvements

Personally, I’d like to see three things that would be fun and actually realistic.

1: Close-quarters lock-on
Basically, when wielding a weapon suitable for CQC (pistol, shotgun, SMG), you can lock on to nearby enemies. This is actually quite realistic, because pointing a pistol at close ranges is MUCH easier and less confusing than it is in games.

2: Quick-draw side arm
Quite simply: if you’re reloading a weapon or are out of ammo and press your fire button, you automatically switch to your side arm.

3: Quick ammo swap
When players have run out of one type of ammo for their selected weapon and have another ammo type, the game automatically selects another ammo type.

My thought that both of these features could be something built in to a new tech tree. Perhaps a “värnpliktig”-tree?

Thoughts?

6 Likes

I LOVE all of these ideas, especially the quick-draw side arm. I can’t count the number of times I have gotten killed simply because my shotgun was out of ammo without me realizing it. A feature like that would really enhance the fighting experience.

I like the idea of the close quarters lock on. I use VATS in Fallout 76, like this, actually. It’s something that’s always bugged me about FPS games. It’s like you’d need an on-the-fly sensitivity change for distances to target.

3: Quick ammo swap
When players have run out of one type of ammo for their selected weapon and have another ammo type, the game automatically selects another ammo type.

2 Likes

Abolute no to number 2, unless it’s toggleable - otherwise I’ll end up switching to sidearm incidentally, because I tend to mash my LMB while shooting.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the game doesn’t auto-reload, right?
And if you tend to mash anyway… just learn to stop :stuck_out_tongue:

My suggestion is, as written above, that all of these features should be perks you unlock in the skill tree. So if you don’t want it, just don’t unlock it.

1 Like

I can get behind these!