New weapon, new attachment and ammo change

I can believe that. Seems like many game companies lack or steer away from realism or gun knowledge. With a few like CoD I think it’s fear of a unbalance situation but I think your right with GZ since it seems odd

2 Likes

You need to consider what weapons fits the storyline. All weapons I have seen is weapons that existed in Sweden at the time in large quanities. The name have been changed a bit in certain cases.

I would like to see locked wall racks with hunting rifles.
Only weapon I see fitting to add is a heavy machine gun.

2 Likes

The Ksp 58 would be a fitting weapon to include if you want something heavier. I still think the .243 and .270 caliber hunting rifles should be replaced with the more widespread 6,5x55 Swedish Mauser and maybe .308 win, 8x57 JS or 30-06 which are all very common hunting calibers in Sweden.

As for the 9mm being in two different versions, that’s because Swedish SMG ammo has a steel jacket and is also higher pressure than regular handgun ammunition. It works great in a submachine gun but is not recommended for use in a handgun.

I don’t know how well handgun ammunition would work in a K-pist. Perhaps there would be some feed issues due to the lower pressure?

1 Like

Poor @WarpigX9, we’ve completely taken over his thread. Sorry, mate!

I’m not familiar with the civilian rifles of 80’s Sweden. Do you know what the Meusser and Algstudsare are supposed to be irl?

Regarding the ammo, that was what we discussed in Moonmist’s thread. Link above.

But yes, the m/45 ‘Carl Gustav’ had a more durable barrel to resist the wear and tear of the m/39b (the Swedish variant of the 9mm Parabellum), but it can take the regular m/39 round without problem.

1 Like

A heavy MG might be going a bit too far :laughing:
Maybe an LMG.

1 Like

Regerading ammo, that’s not quite true.
It is a fact that the m/39B ammunition quickly made the m/40 pistol crack, but the m/88 uses that very same ammo. Considering the m/40 isn’t represented in the game in any way, shape or form, there is no reason for the ammo types to be seperate.

I rather believe that the devs thought that if you have two guns that use the same ammo type, there would be no reason to carry both. I mean, if you have a kpist, why on earth would you carry a less accurate, lower damage, lower magazine capacity pistol? As the game is right now, there’s no reason. That may however change if they’d do this:

1 Like

lol it’s fine. Ideas are good to share and molded into greater ideas

1 Like

I would like to see like the firearms that we have in our timeline (M4A1 or M16………… and all that) but it woudn’t fit the specific timeline Generation zero has.

so I’m kinda sad but maybe the game will move with time and more guns will be released

(Sorry if my english is bad)

M16s were imported to Sweden for Familiarization training. So finding one would not be implausible.

Also I really like the idea of the skorpion, especially as a robot weapon that you repurpose. Afterall the runners are firing .32 ACP at you full auto from something that doesnt seem to be a PP.

1 Like

Sweden imported a lot of different weapons from Nato/warzsaw to let troops get familiar with them. But in very small numbers. So in reality it would be extremly rare to find one. I’d prefer them addding weapons that sweden used that is not in the game as of now.

The Skorpion wasn’t used by Sweden. But I’m with you on that one. Runners are probably equiped with them and we should be able to scavenge one.

2 Likes

Well, there are lots of others.
The armys m/07 and m/40 aren’t in the game. Neither is the AG42 semi-auto rifle. No disposable AT-weapons.

Also, I think the game should feature Alarm Mines.

Will be very nice to see remote control mines and explosives (C4,homemade stuff) or more light weapons FFV890C for example…!Extra attachments (grenade launchers),rifle grenades…

1 Like

1 Like

I have a thread for random gun suggestions here:

As much as I’d like to see more guns just because they were cool, the big question is motivating why a particular gun should be added.

1 Like

Also,will be really nice find in the game military or police checkpoints/barricades with heavy weaponry (M2 Browning,grenade throwers,no recoil guns) and use against huge robots squads,organize ambushes…something like this

FFV 890C could be next swedish army standard rifle.Completed all tests but in last moment replaced with FN FNC (AK 5).Only 1000 rifles made by Sweden weapon industry from 1975 till 1980. Trialled by Swedish Armed Forces, some used by the Swedish police. Will be very nice to see it like unique or fully integrated in game weapons list

I don’t really see the point in adding a bunch of weapons just for the heck of it.
We already have two weapons in 5,56 mm, and three in 7,62 mm. They vary in accuracy vs. fire rate, and have a lot of different attachments to customize them with. It’s hard to add any more weapons that would actually perform any different than the ones we already have, and therefore it would only be a cosmetic change.

It should at least not be a priority for the dev’s, as there are still a lot of repairs to be done. :wink:

2 Likes

I understand your position;))But in game we still without effective AT weaponry.This gun could be good alternative between light weapons and heavy M-48,because it’s have possibility to use rifle grenades(bigger range then hand grenades and faster reload then Carl Gustav).Will be nice to see in game some kind of thermo-baric shells (I’ve seen this explosions in real life once),cumulative shells,for instant destruction your most dangerous opponents😏Cuz for the moment I using 6-8 HE shells for killing one FNIX tank!)))Lil bit to much for target,huge like a house😂

You’re using 6-8 AoE shells for an armoured bullet sponge.

1 Like