Guns and Ammo fix

I think if we can keep this up for a few more posts we’ll have made a whole chicken out of a feather.

1 Like

This is the definition of exploitation. It means to unfairly treat someone to progress from their work or making use of an action to gain in a beneficial way.

I do not gain from it but they do, HOWEVER if they had it at one point on the contrary it should not classify as an exploit due to the fact that in past reality they already gained it. There is no mistreatment of fellow players and it substantially fills in that error resulting from the games past actions. It’s a gain that remains at a neutral state of progression, not advancing beyond their standard progression.

Let’s keep in mind I stated they have to provide proof of acquiring it previously. So if they can prove they had it without still having it then I would simply replace it. By ammo I would give them an amount to partially get them by, not mass quantity because that it is obviously exploiting them for personal gain. If they can’t prove it I don’t help them, simple as that. Also from there on that is the only the time I help them since it’s common sense to upload the save data to online storage so it doesn’t happen again to them.

Yeah I get where youre coming from and I do think it’s a nice gesture when/if needed. Seems a bit complicated with providing proof but who am I to argue this. I have never lost any items or saves to corruption.
I’m just talking technicallities here =)

Yup, just trying to assist the community in a fair way best I can without causing complications or unjust actions.

@Zesiir, I felt this offer might violate the Code of Conduct. Thus, I flagged the thread. I was and am not sure myself, as I have expressed in personal communication with @RighteousTheory.

My suspicion was backed by the ease of getting support wrt my “missing” gold red-dot sight. There is probably no safe way of proving that items were actually lost (due to bugs or whatever reason).

My goal was to have this question answered by someone “in charge”.

1 Like

And there it is, poultry in motion…

1 Like

I asked you what console you played on, yes? Then if you replied yes I would have asked for you to prove that you have had it. I simply would not join your session and drop it. Once again, exploitation but if you can’t prove it in a justifiable way then it is not yours. Hence why I did not pursue it because you did not continue the conversation.

There is no point in talking about this as I am not making the rules or the decision. But let’s not talk about the “validity” of screenshot proofs which can easily be created. You also have no proof that you are actually doing what you are saying. What you are doing, however, is duplicating items. And promoting doing so, and also explaining how it can be achieved.

Together with a buddy anyone could easily use this method to achieve unlimited ammo and get every weapon in the game if others join the party. And I don’t feel well with this being promoted here on the GZ forum.

So my intent was to bring that to the attention of the mods. Done.

I have no particular personal interest in prosecuting or discussing this. Therefore I will just wait and see what comes out of it. This is my last post in this thread or in personal communication with you on this topic in order to not inflame anything any further.

1 Like

Since game isn’t meant to be played like so, what are you doing is considered cheating. Item duplication would be more exact since you’ll never loose any of the gear you drop. You can just reload your old save and all lost gear is “magically” back in your inventory, without any need to loot them from the world again. With this, you have unnatural advantage, prohibited by GZ EULA;

source: https://generationzero.com/en/eula

1 Like

Until we can get an official dev reply on this matter, I’m locking this thread.

1 Like

Update: So the general consensus is this; since it falls within abusing the save system, it counts as an exploit to duplicate items ingame by way of the method described above. No reprimands will be given because I honestly don’t think @RighteousTheory meant any harm.

But, since the topic concerns an exploit any further posting about it will result in thread/post removal and/or a warning. Apologies for this taking so long to work out.

Xezr

4 Likes