Handgun Silencer, yes or no?

Do you think it’s worth using a silencer? Being as the handgun should be a backup weapon and more power should be better than stealth in this role?

Or do you use a handgun as a primary in certain situations and want to be quiet or save ammo?

usually I will try to take down seekers with it. I think the silencer helps keep my location hidden a bit when I miss. save my other weapon’s ammo for the machines that shoot back

It really does depend on the kind of robot. I’m sure as heck not taking down a hunter with a pistol! :slight_smile:

Funny enough, I took down a hunter in one of the bunkers with a 9mm handgun today (yes it has a silencer on it). It took a couple of clips to his face using 9mm fmj, but it got the job done. He was glitched out and wasn’t shooting back though, so there’s that :slight_smile:

A fully modded 5 crown Klaucke with a silencer is a fantastic sidearm to have. I’d try to go for at least three crown quality silencer though. With AP ammo it’s great to take down military Seekers without drawing attention. And it’s your backup weapon to finish off solitary enemies like Runners and even Hunters.

Only pistol gaming - really cool experience, just need to make sure that you have clear all interferences (such as other robots nearby), enough ammo and orientation skills for dodge afront of massive robot. Be fit to run all the time, be cool and dont try it with dogs, ofcourse!