Help Idk what to do

I need help. Every time I try to play generation zero it just freezes when i get off of the loging in sign I’ve tried to do tutorials on how to fix it. Pls help I’m might not check this again so here’s my discord to contact me Mr norris YT#1443

You should provide more details.
Which system in detail? Do or did you have any mods installed?

I have it on steam for windows. No I don’t have any mods install. Well I did have one mod installed and thar was for infinite storage

Without more details about your system no one can help. And without a complete clean installation (all game data!) there will be no more further support.

Since the moment of failure seems to be during loading of the savefile, its reasonable to test a fresh save folder.

To test this: open a file explorer and navigate to the folder: C:\Users#USERNAME#\Documents\Avalanche Studios
and move the folder “Generation Zero” to desktop.
Then you can launch the game as normal and you should be greeted as a fresh new player.
So create a new game and let the game world load, preferably do something that triggers a save (like doing the first part of the first mission).

If this works so far then we can move back the save file (disregard the settings files for now) by opening both of your Generation Zero-folders (one on desktop, the other one in the Avalanche Studios folder).

From the GenZero-folders, open the following path in both folders:
“…/Generation Zero/Saves/#folderNamedLongNumber#”

Copy the “savegame” and “savegame.bak” from your desktop-GenZero-folder into your documents-GenZero-folder and re-launch the game.

If this still works, then just redo the configurations (like graphics settings and so on) to your liking and call it a win. :slight_smile:

If this last step fails then this means that your savefile is broken, try deleting the “savegame” file and rename the “savefile.bak” into “savefile” and try again.
If this too fails then your last hope is that you backed up your savefile prior to this issue…

And as previous replies hints; full uninstall & install (the game only) to completely remove any mods should fix any software issues, but you might have broken your savefile witch is not fixable…

1 Like

I did the first step and it worked for a second until it went back to a black screen but I will keep on trying the steps to get it to work properly. Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

If the first step worked only momentarily, then its quite likely that it is software issue, so you’ll need to uninstall and reinstall the game.

It seems to me that you haven’t managed to fully remove the mods and as @Madchaser mentioned, this means you are well outside the scope of support.

I might have uninstalled the mod because I’ve tried reinstalling generation zero and reinstalling steam and it still didn’t work :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Did you remove any remaining folder of Generation Zero after deinstallation?

No am I supposed to remove the remaining folder?

If there remain modified or affected files, then just a reinstallation doesn’t help anything. They would still be there after the reinstallation.

So, if after deinstallation there are still folders of Generation Zero you should remove them all to finally have a really clean installation.

Others here should be able to tell you, which folders should be in need to get deleted manually.

2 Likes

This may be true, but there is no way of knowing exactly how the specific mods are working or to be sure that they are only residing inside certain folders.

So the only REAL way to be SURE is a format/reinstall on a system level, especially since many users are lacking the specific details regarding exactly what was installed and where…

Anything less is guesswork that may or may not work, but as you stated in your first reply; its quite outside the scope of support.

1 Like