Help please with the Farudden mast

Um, I was playing Gen Z and came across the Farudden radar mast and there was a building a little north-east and near the building was a locked crate. I had a lot of lock picks and the lockpicking skill but I couldn’t open it. Please if anyone knows could you tell me if you need a key or a mission and where you get the mission and key?

1 Like

A locked crate? Sounds unusual, can you post a screenshot of it?

2 Likes

I think he means a locked shipping container. I have the same issue and im almost certain its a mission that needs to be triggered before it can be opened.

Jomjom79

1 Like

Oh, then I know which one he’s talking about. I think it’s related to a mission that completes nearby, but I’ve never been able to unlock it either :confused:

1 Like

I have just been there. A white shipping container next to the safehouse, near the sea.

Well, I thought you were talking about this … If not, I misunderstood.

1 Like

Yes I was thank you for understanding.

I regret, my English is not quite fluent (but will improve).

1 Like

So, there’s a shack up the hill that is fenced in. if you go in the door, there’s a grill with tires behind it against the wall inside. if you get close enough to it, i believe that is the key to unlock the container, but you can’t get to it.

1 Like

I got curious and went there myself. Turns out, there’s an ammo box stuck under there, just barely poking out from under the tires. With the help from an explosive I cleared the pile of that grill and other stuff, and was able to loot the box. Still, nice find :wink:

1 Like

Well at least you were able to get to something there! Sadly, it wasn’t the key though :confused:

1 Like

I seem to have found a quest item there in one of the shacks, a notebook of sorts, although it did not unlock any quest.

1 Like

I had the same mission, forget its name, but it didn’t add to my journal. Its a notepad on a table

I was able to open that box too but its just a regular ammo box, no key…there is a brown suitcase next to it that is behind that green patio table, but I couldn’t figure out a way to open it

The white sea can at that loc is completely empty. So, even if we can open it, there’s nothing in it.

How do i know it? I sneak peaked through the small gap between the doors, while sun was at the other side, illuminating the innards of that white sea can.

1 Like

That side mission is “Heavy Loadout” (starts at (700, -4300), note in letterbox, first floor) and that notebook is the final mission item you need to pick up to complete the mission.

2 Likes

I managed to get the “suitcase” (Trunk) you speak of, I had nothing useful for me inside other than clothing ! I found the sweet spot needed also. I will post both pictures

IMG_20200503_235439|666x500

I just looked at coordinates 1265, -5138.
That’s in the middle of the water off a major northern island.
I’m hoping we don’t have to swim there, cause it looks pretty far out in deep water.

I have no idea why i posted those wrongful co-ords. My best guess, i took the from GZ wiki, which at the time, were giving wrong co-ords.

The correct co-ords for mission starting item are: (700, -4300).

Thanks for pointing that out. Fixed the co-ords in my above reply as well.