Game crashes when travelling to Readiness storage 018, Himfjall [console]

Platform: XBox

Description: Almost everytime I approach or leave Readiness Storage 018 northwest of Tärnboda Skans the game crashes. This has happened four or five times in a row with restarts and console reboots in between.

Steps To Reproduce: Go to a safehouse near Readiness storage 018. Approach it (an explosion will sound). Get closer to the perimeter fence. The game will freeze and return you to console homepage.

Images / Videos: n.a.

Host or Client: Single player.

Players in your game: Only me.

Specifications: Xbox One S

This issue sounds similar to this one: Game crashes when traveling to/from Tarnboda Skans to nearby areas

Since:

1. They both happen on Himfjäll
  2. Consoles are affected
  3. Game crashes when entering the “area of denial”

It could be the same issue but now, the “area of denial” has changed places. :thinking:

Sounds a bit like it, yes. It happens regardless which direction I approach the readiness storage from. I haven’t been to that part of Himfjall for quite a while, and I don’t quite remember it from earlier. I also found a place with this trapdoor in the ground close to it. Like an entry to a bunker with a dead person resting on it. That’s new to me too. And I was quite sure that I had been all over the place :thinking:

Have you done a profile re sync and console hard restart since the update?

You know, NE from hotel is Readiness Storage 030.

Readiness Storage 018 is directly West from hotel, past Tärnboda skans. Or SE from Hammarbodarna.

So, is it 18 or 30? :thinking:

It is 018. Got my bearings wrong, sorry. Thanks for pointing that out, @Aesyle.

I haven’t done anything in particular to resync my profile. Actually, I didn’t know that I could. I’ve rebooted the console several times and then my profile is selected at start up.

I’ve edited the directions and this sounds very much like the bug that @Mr_A1992 reported. It’s quite weird but this part of the map is new to me. I haven’t played much at Himfjall for a while, but when I did, this part of the map managed to elude me.

Edit: Okay, now I managed to get into the readiness storage by following the serpentine road from Tärnboda Skans. Might have been there before as part of a mission … can’t remember :thinking: However, this time the game crashed as I tried to leave the compound. So my guess is that the bug is associated with crossing the sector that makes up “Readiness Storage 018”.

Now if you want to make sure it´s the same issue, you have to save your savegame to some device.
Start a new game, or just delete the character, and go there, if it does not crash, then it´s the same corrupt save issue that I have, it was created by one of the latest updates (probably November or December).

1 Like