HMMWV (Humvee) Dlc?

“In 1979, the US Army issued a draft specification for the new tactical vehicle which led to the development of the Humvee. In 1981, the US Army awarded a contract to AM General to produce additional prototypes of the tactical vehicle for further tests. The development and operational testing were conducted in 1982. In 1983, the US Army awarded a contract to AM General to manufacture 55,000 HMMWVs, of which 39,000 were for the US Army and the remaining vehicles for the US Marine Corps, US Air Force and US Navy…”
(So time period would work)

M998 HUMVEE SPECS

• Length: 15 feet
  • Width: 7 feet 1 inch
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Ground clearance: 16 inches
  • Engine: General Motors DDA 6.2-liter V8 diesel, generating 150 hp at 3,600 rpm
  • Transmission: Automatic with maximum input torque of 451 pounds/foot
  • Steering: Power-assisted
  • Curb weight: 5,200 pounds
  • Payload: 2,500 pounds
  • Gross vehicle weight: 7,700 pounds
  • Maximum towed load: 3,400 pounds
  • Maximum highway speed: 70 mph
  • Fuel capacity: 25 gallons
  • Range: 350 miles

So I think most of us want new vehicles and I think this would be a great addition. I think this would be a fast way to travel on the map (thou maybe only on roads and in the farmlands region) and power through machines, especially if u have someone manning the top gun/rocket launcher

Specs:

2 Likes

And what does it have to do with sweden?

1 Like

Nothing, just like the us weapons pack its dlc

Well, although I like this humvee and I would love to have a vehicle for up to 4 players, I think we first should get other, swedish cars. (Btw, didn’t find a comparable vehicle used by swedish forces from this time. The Volvo tp21 is the only one, but it’s out of service since 1958. Everything else is from about 1999 and later.)

But, nevertheless, I’m almost sure that the devs don’t want to give us cars or greater vehicles as driveable options.

At least we can hope for some.

2 Likes

I just wanna bomb around in one of the Volvo wagons to be honest. Things are tanks anyway.

Yeh that’d be awesome

Cars are an idea for GZ 2. We dont need cars in the current game. (The map isnt very huge.)

1 Like

Dont you mean Generation One?? lol
I wonder if they would call it that

It’s getting offtopic, but I like to add my opinion.
For me the “Zero” in the title is no number to count with. It’s part of the name, so a sequel would be best named GZ 2, maybe with an additional subtitle like

Generation Zero 2: The next generation

and then the game should take place about 20 years after GZ. The question is: would our situation be better or worse than now? Having cars that can be used at least sounds like a much better, less dangerous situation. Maybe that’s how it could really start. And then something happens…

1 Like

Although in real life we are five years ahead, within the story, the cataclysm has only just occurred. The game is set around April or May of 1990 now.

1 Like

Yeh that makes more sense and would sound pretty cool